Glitter with Fabric??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PenelopePitstop

Reaction score
Is it possible to do glitter tips when using silk/fibreglass and resin??
would it be possible to just dip the tip in the glitter and then seal with the resin?!?!

can this be done is is there an easier way??

Pen xx

Hi, i have tried this with Fibreglass. As you said you need to apply your resin to the tip, then dip the tip in your glitter and then coat with two coats of resin. Only thing is you may find you get a slight ridge when you have finished the nail off. The usual resin isn't quite thick enough to build. But if you use Fabric# from Creative or Wrapture Gel from Star Nails, they both have builder gel which is thicker so its possible to do the glitter tips without getting that dip or ridge.

You are able to build a nice apex with both of the above so its makes for a nice smooth application. HTH's:D

You can use the bond from fabric# apply this to the tip following a nice smile line, then dip the tip into a very fine glitter, the finer the better.............
let it dry naturaly and brush of excess glitter...............
the proceed with the build and then the boost and buff as normal.................
LIke TT said you can build a very nice apex with boost...........

You can also let your imagination run wild and use friskit masking, even the too much fun pre cut airbrush stencils......... ............
you apply the mask where you want the pattern to be, apply the resin in that area, dip and remove mask slowly, let it dry and brush of excess and then proceed with the build and boost.................

just play and have fun babe xxxx

Now i'm soooooo giddy about this,did'nt know it could be done,,,will have a bash tomoz but just need to clarify something,,
Ruth you said to apply bond then dip,dry,brush excess off then proceed with build and boost,,so , am i doing this then sfter i have applied the fabric and soaked in with bond,,,or can you after build and blast sprayed and finely buffed then do glitter and 2-3 build?
hope you got that,i've had to read it back 3 times! :lol:

Ok apply your fibreglas first, inluding the stress strip....... bond it..........let it dry naturaly.............just make sure it is really dry or the glitter will stick to parts that you want to keep clear........

Then go on to the glitter part...........bond the nail where you want the glitter to stick, let it dry naturally, brush of excess glitter.........
Builder resin over the top of the whole nail..........i do this 2x then spray, tidy up the edges, 240 file,then lightly buff the nail............
then apply the boost 2x to get the apex build ,buff and then finish with solar oil and a girlfriend buffer...........
I also use clear glass tips as this makes the glitter really stand out.........

Have a play and see what you can come up with
and then show us your piccies please
HTH xxx

wow!!

i've been childminding all weekend and haven't had access to the net!
it's good to hear this can be done, i'm gonna have a go when i get home from work!

thanks for the replies guys!! not sure i'm daring enough though Ruth to post a Piccy!!!

Pen xxx

Latest posts

Back