Glossary....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotnailz

Reaction score
As a newbie I'm getting a bit confused with all the technical terms sometimes used on the site (flag, back-bobbing, stop point etc) and was just wondering if there was a posting somewhere to explain these....I've done a search (as recommended before posting a request!) but nothing's come up.

Thanks for your patience, oh and Samuel et al, please could you try and make this site a little less interesting.....I'm not getting any work done this afternoon!:rolleyes: :D

NailVirgin said:
As a newbie I'm getting a bit confused with all the technical terms sometimes used on the site (flag, back-bobbing, stop point etc) and was just wondering if there was a posting somewhere to explain these....I've done a search (as recommended before posting a request!) but nothing's come up.

Thanks for your patience, oh and Samuel et al, please could you try and make this site a little less interesting.....I'm not getting any work done this afternoon!:rolleyes: :D

This may help http://www.thenailgeek.com/how-do-stuff-site/

Thanks Lellipop - I've already looked here and apart from advising on how to upload pics and do your signatures, there's nothing about technical terms.

Thanks for the link tho'......x

ok, dont think theres a link as such for these terms, but to help with the ones you have mentioned....

Flag is the tip of your brush, the darker bristles
Back bobbing is when you tidy up the smile line with the flag of your brush, with the bristles facing towards you and the handle pointing towards the client.
stop point is the bit under the tip where it fits against the natural nail, the well part that has been cut out, its called a stop point because it stops there when it hits the natural nail when you are fitting tips.

hth x (hope that helps! lol)

Lol - thanks....now I'll be tapping you on the shoulder at every opportunity going "Sherrie, Sherrie, what does this mean....?"

Latest posts

Back