Going dark

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Have been thinking for a while now of going dark again, im a base 4 and have been blonde for about 2 years now. Started having breakage issues of late and to be honest Im not surprised. A friend of mine is also going dark this week she is about a level 5 and she too is experiencing breakage hence the reason for going darker.
I can do this myself as Im fully qualified, would prob like to use Wella colourtouch as I know it will fade. My question is what colours are best to use? Any ideas I dont want to be too dark like maybe a level 5 or 6 as colour touch do come out darker.
I look forward to some suggestions, Thanks x

do some test strands first , as i was about an 7-8 base with honey hi-lites and i used a loreal 8 .3 semi to tone mine and it came out like a 5 ! seriously! , ive never hd that problem with clients so i think it was my hair type (and a bit of denial about the condition) so yeah , go a bit lighter than the target and dont forget to add warmth

Yeah condition of mine isnt great to be honest, strand tests first of course maybe ill try an 8 range to start with then and work my way down?!

Pre pigged with a red, then trying 1/2 of 8/71 & 1/2 6/71 as thats what I had in my colour drawer!! Hope it is dark enough Ill let you know.

Latest posts

Back