Going from black to red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hairkate7

Reaction score
I tried to take a client red from black without pre-lightening.. And with her roots already lighter then the black she had hot roots. Any suggestions as to how to make this look better? I'm thinking 6/2 on the base I neutralize or lightening the black!?

Don't mean to start any aggro but are you qualified?

What made you think this would look okay? What's your ideas for making it look better?

What did you do? Just put red all over with the black?

Or did you attempt to remover with a reducer and still get root glow?

I'm guessing the first suggestion.

Can you see where you went wrong? How would you fix it?

What result do you think you would get with the 6/2?

I worry about what I read on here.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I worry about what I read on here.

It must be a wonderful feeling when every colour result has been perfect since the day you started hairdressing.

It must be a wonderful feeling when every colour result has been perfect since the day you started hairdressing.

What was wrong it what she said? It is worrying that someone is colouring clients hair that wouldn't have known that tint doesn't lift tint. If they don't know that then what else are they not aware of?

You seem to dominate near on every single post with sarcy comments. God your so arrogant!

What is the matter with you? You love a good troll don't you. People like you are the reason this site has gone down hill. Wind your neck in and jog on.

What was wrong it what she said? It is worrying that someone is colouring clients hair that wouldn't have known that tint doesn't lift tint. If they don't know that then what else are they not aware of?

You seem to dominate near on every single post with sarcy comments. God your so arrogant!

Thanks dondon x

I should have specified that I did a shampoo cap with bleach. I am aware that color doesn't lift color. It was an extremely dark red and her roots aren't bright red just a little bit brighter. I got everything worked out thanks for being extremely rude on here. Don't know if I'll be back, and yes I'm qualified. I'm young and new but I know the basics just was wondering some other suggestions. And the 6/2 would neutralize the red at the base since 2 is green. If you don't have anything nice to say then keep to yourself

so many rude comments on here its shocking. I feel like I would rather do someone's hair wrong then ask on here..

I'm aware I made a mistake. If I could do it differently I would have. Anyways! Thanks for the help!

feel free to inbox me and ask anything I believe there are still some nice ones on here. xx

Really?

I think you find I was trying to offer the OP some advice buy asking for more info.

Some less experienced hairdressers don't always explain everything fully so more questions need to be asked. On asking more questions the was more to the situation!

I wasn't the one make off the cuff comments like magnetahair.

What is the matter with you? You love a good troll don't you. People like you are the reason this site has gone down hill. Wind your neck in and jog on.

Just re read your helpful comment above.

Were you trying to help a less experienced hairdresser .... I think not!

Maybe u should of used b red

I think constructive critism is what OP needs and I am grateful colorgirly takes the time to share her knowledge with us.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think constructive critism is what OP needs and I am grateful colorgirly takes the time to share her knowledge with us.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Adam, its great to read the helpful posts and learn from those who are more knowledgable.

With apologies to the newly registered and qualified OP, but please may I point out that an important site rule states "Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you" so basically if you have nothing nice to say, then please don't say anything at all.

I'm sorry, but I think it's now time to close yet another thread, particularly since the OP says she has all the information she requires.

Who knows if she'll be back either, she's probably been frightened off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back