Going in hospital tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsNailsNails

Reaction score
I'm going in hospital and will be in about a week and will be off work (i am self employed) for a minimum of 8 to 12 weeks.

I am having a big cyst, ovary and tube removed but this might become a hysterectomy when they get inside and have a good look at me so I wonder if any of you have had this operation - I'm having the big abdominal incision - and how you were afterwards?

Also, do you think I could claim any benifits, my husband is a student teacher, as I was the only one working and should I have my self assessment tax bill recalculated to reduce the January payment as I will not be working for so long. What do you think folks?

Thanks for any insights that you have.

Good Luck with your op tomorrow hope all goes well :Love:
I should think you will be able to claim sickness benefit for the time your unable to work and maybe income support not too sure.

from my understanding, it's like having a c-section. my best bud's mom had a full hystorectomy (sp?) and she was pretty beaten up for a full 2 months. her dr. said, and i quote... "don't pick up anything heavier than a fly swatter".

good luck and hope you recoop quickly!:hug:

Good luck with your op love and recovery ...

If its anything like a C-sec, well I had one of those almost 2 years ago and I was dreading the after recovery time. For me it was great, walking about the same day, be it a little sore but kept almost pain free with pain killers. Was home within 4 days and it healed marvelously. The first two days were a bit pants getting up and down, but with the scar being so low down, you don't get the abdomen stretch so it was remarkably easy to recover .. for me anyway. As long as you take it easy for 12 weeks or so you won't do yourself any after harm.

Try and think positive ... it will soon be all behind you :)

good luck with the operation chuck
i had hysterectomy when i was 27, and was was told not to lift anything heavier than a filled kettle. but as with all things these ops change,
good luck anyway pet, look forward to getting you back on site

take care

I had a cyst removed on my left ovary a few years ago and recovered from that quite quickly. I also have a neighbour who had a hysterectomy a few months ago and she had to take it really easy and it took about 3 months before she was even allowed to drive, as it can put too much pressure on the scar. It is a bit more of an op than a c section as you are having a major op here and having everything, re womb etc removed, so have more internal stitching and healing to go through that you have with a c section.
I will keep my fingers crossed that it will only be the ovary and tube involved and not a full hysterectomy but whichever it turns out to be, just take it really easy and you will be fine.

Best of luck

All the best with your operation. Get in touch with CAB they can advise you what you can claim for if not try the benefits agency.

Have lots of rest and get on the mend soon xx

Good Luck Honey, wishing you a speedy recovery :Love:

I had a similar type of thing about 9 years ago now, and as somebody has already mentioned, i actually had trouble picking up a kettle, even closing the curtains! I found it very frustrating, i am NOT a good patient. But if you appreciate how it is going to be, except it, and look forward to relaxing, being pampered, putting your feet up and get engrossed in a good few books you will be fine.

All the best hun, and I would definitely see about getting some financial help!

All the best hun!! Please try not worry,take it easy and enjoy the time off!!!!xxxxxx

Hope everything goes welll for you:hug: :hug: :hug:

Just thought I would log on before I go off to hospital for my op and am overwhelmed with all your support. You are all fantastic geeks. Thank you all again and as they say on the telly "I'll be back"

Love Erica

Latest posts

Back