Goldwell creations!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 51473
11p worked great, only needed to leave it on for about 25 mins and that was with 9%, I'll do that in future instead of bleach and hopefully it will get in better condition x

Looks lovely. Did u use topchic all over or roots with topchic then colourance on ends? Really nice clean result

Looks lovely. Did u use topchic all over or roots with topchic then colourance on ends? Really nice clean result

I just used 11p on my roots , that's it, I had a few orange patches so just applied bleach with 1.5% to lift them out x

Hi fellow Goldwell users. I worked with Goldwell in my last salon, was fairly confident with the Topchic and Colorance ranges but never really used the Colorance Plus range.

I have a client who has a very bad scalp from psoriasis (she thinks...) and uses medicated shampoos plus has a steroid type liquid to use for flare ups. I suffer from the same thing so have avoided putting colour on my scalp for over a year as it irritates me. The last time she had a colour done, she did it herself...she used a colour remover (colour b4 I think) and then a bleach bath to lift the dark out (she does have hairdressing experience however has never worked in a salon)

Last time I seen her I only cut her hair as her scalp was sore and irritated so we didn't colour it. Now, back to the first point about Colorance plus - she has some grey hairs, not a lot but a fair few right at front hairline and parting area (for all to see!) so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Colorance Plus would be better to use on her so as not to irritate her scalp so much? I believe it's up to 70% coverage on greys? Or am I best to just not do it?!

Help please :)

Hi fellow Goldwell users. I worked with Goldwell in my last salon, was fairly confident with the Topchic and Colorance ranges but never really used the Colorance Plus range.

I have a client who has a very bad scalp from psoriasis (she thinks...) and uses medicated shampoos plus has a steroid type liquid to use for flare ups. I suffer from the same thing so have avoided putting colour on my scalp for over a year as it irritates me. The last time she had a colour done, she did it herself...she used a colour remover (colour b4 I think) and then a bleach bath to lift the dark out (she does have hairdressing experience however has never worked in a salon)

Last time I seen her I only cut her hair as her scalp was sore and irritated so we didn't colour it. Now, back to the first point about Colorance plus - she has some grey hairs, not a lot but a fair few right at front hairline and parting area (for all to see!) so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Colorance Plus would be better to use on her so as not to irritate her scalp so much? I believe it's up to 70% coverage on greys? Or am I best to just not do it?!

Help please :)

Does she have any psoriasis on the parting or around the hairline? If not and you have done a skin test I would use the cover plus just on those parts, if she has any pain wash it off ASAP, I'm not sure as I haven't got any clients with psoriasis x

Does she have any psoriasis on the parting or around the hairline? If not and you have done a skin test I would use the cover plus just on those parts, if she has any pain wash it off ASAP, I'm not sure as I haven't got any clients with psoriasis x

No there are various small patches above her ears and through the back. It doesn't look really scaly like psoriasis normally does so I don't think she is 100% that that's what it is.

Good idea though, I will maybe just apply colour on the greys that are visible and leave the rest once I have done a skin test.

Thank you!

Colourance plus should cover well with a NN as I have a client with grey around hairline she wants to blend and it works a treat and looks very natural rather than harsh and "coloured", if you get what I mean.
Do a skin test and if scalp is ok try out the colourance plus.

Hi there can someone tell why, when I tried goldwell in the salon we didn't get any coverage at all. And we found that the tint would not stick to the hair shaft and kept lifting away from the scalp.
I like the goldwell choice of colour and love the image of the company but was very disappointed in the product performance and the customer service.

Hi there can someone tell why, when I tried goldwell in the salon we didn't get any coverage at all. And we found that the tint would not stick to the hair shaft and kept lifting away from the scalp.
I like the goldwell choice of colour and love the image of the company but was very disappointed in the product performance and the customer service.

Iv never had any of those problems at all, iv always got coverage with them x

I've used goldwell for 8 yrs and never had a problem.
I'd check you're using correct mix and good developer that's not been left open. Also that you're not using really old tubes that have been opened.

I've used goldwell for 8 yrs and never had a problem.
I'd check you're using correct mix and good developer that's not been left open. Also that you're not using really old tubes that have been opened.

I used their peroxide and all tubes were new. I must be doing something wrong as I've heard how good they are. And I use scales to weigh the colour, I'm quite anal about mixing.

Are you using the right amount of NN in with your mixes? Are you applying plenty of colour? X

Are you using the right amount of NN in with your mixes? Are you applying plenty of colour? X

What would you say is the right amount of NN. Even when I use NN on its own I don't achieve proper coverage.

This is the formula I worked with -

30% grey - 15ml N/NN + 25ml fashion tone
50% grey - 20ml N/NN + 20ml fashion tone
70%+ grey - 25mls N/NN + 15mls fashion tone

I would sometimes use more N/NN if hair was 100% grey/resistant

Hope that helps

If your not getting coverage and your using all NN shade something doesn't sound right x

I've found problems with goldwell ever since they re packaged at the beginning of last year, so annoying, also I get the same thing where it moves away from scalp and have to go over it, never had this problem before. Gw rep sent in a colour tech who did nothing but insult us, told us we must be mixing it wrong, so she mixed it for us, lol, then told us we had old stock, when we bought direct off gw a week or so before, then she wanted to watch us apply colour, I felt as if I was in college again she was very patronising she even tried to tell me I was over lapping on the root, then when I explained I was actually overlapping on purpose as it didn't cover grey previously she pulled a face, and when we washed off colour she told me I should only shampoo once as gw tint doesn't need two, But I gave it two anyway as I like to be thorough, and then when she saw the root was still transparent and grey still visible she told us it's just multi tonal, what a joke! We have decided to try a few different brands and change over this year. It's such a shame I have my favorites that I actually love to use!

Sorry for the essay but I am in the same boat and know exactly what you mean, not many people with this problem though :-/

What a great idea to share creations with Goldwell boffs!

Back onto the topic of mixes I love mixing the 11 colors with normal shades

I learnt 'biscuit' blonde' 11G + 8B + 9%

I am much happier with the coverage since new Topchic it has been improved and I never have issues.

When there is a problem with results every possibility has to be looked at, mixing, application, analysis.

More color creations please!

What a great idea to share creations with Goldwell boffs!

Back onto the topic of mixes I love mixing the 11 colors with normal shades

I learnt 'biscuit' blonde' 11G + 8B + 9%

I am much happier with the coverage since new Topchic it has been improved and I never have issues.

When there is a problem with results every possibility has to be looked at, mixing, application, analysis.

More color creations please!

You can mix the high lifts with other tones?! Who knew that! How does that work with the peroxide then as you normally have to mix 1:2 ratio with high lift?

Sorry I'll be more accurate :)

For example 40ml 9% 10ml 11G 10ml 8B

Or 8G or 8K .... Loads of different possibilities!

I have had a goldwell training day in the salon with one of their technicians but I didn't like the way they behaved in the salon in front of customers etc. I told the tech where we mix colour and even gave him his own work station but he insisted on using the reception desk to mix the colours on. Mmmm appropriate.
Now I do like their hi lift series, and I do like the way they lift to a clean blonde, but does anyone else find that they expand a lot.
Can you buy a colour guide just for the high lift?

With washing of goldwell colours you only need to shampoo once as when rinsing off colour, u should rinse and emulsify as goldwell made it that was so it lathers up slightly when rinsing.
If you are unhappy with rep or colour tech report it to goldwell, as some are more about the sales etc.
Their academy in London is really good.

Something def isn't right if you're getting no coverage etc as I've never had this issue with them.

Going back to colours we like etc.

9N and 8B work very well together. Adding the 8 seems to give more depth.

Loving their colourance plus lowlights 7-8 warm!! Pre pig is already in the colour. Amazing product and lovely colour. X

Latest posts

Back