Goldwell creations!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone remind me of the ratios for covering grey hair depending on the percentage of grey? I cant find it anywhere and it's slipped my mind! Lol got a client with 100% white hair and wants 9gb lowlights, trying the think of how much nn shade I need, I know I'll need more than equal amounts. Having a blonde moment! Lol x

I used this ratio -

30% grey - 15mls N/NN 25mls fashion tone
50% grey 20mls N/NN 20mls fashion tone
70% + grey 25mls N/NN 15mls fashion tone

Based on 40ml mixture, use with 6%..
Up to 30% grey - 25ml fashion shade, 15ml n/nn/na shade
40%-60% - 20ml fashion shade, 20 ml n/nn/na shade
70%-100% grey - 25ml n/nn/na shade, 15ml fashion shade

On base 6 I usually use11V and 9% (fine hair) or 12% (thick hair) for a clean lift, with some blonding cream and/or p-mix if need be x

On base 6 I usually use 11V and 9% (fine hair) or 12% (thick hair) for a clean lift, with some blonding cream and/or p-mix if need be x

I have a picture of a goldwel colour but it won't let me upload it!! Any goldwell amazing colourists please pm me- it's a all over blonde tonned down to a sandy 9 level I have about 4 photos of the same toner on different hair.. I wanna know what the toner is! Thanks x

Hi guys I have a client in soon and just to get an extra level of lift I'm going to use the blinding cream but this will be the first time I have used it! I will bs using it with the highlift series! Just wondering what the mixing ratio is.... Is it 1 part colour 1 part blonding cream And 2 parts peroxide? Xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I think its 10mls max but I'm not 100% on that.

I think its 10mls max but I'm not 100% on that.

Yeah I think it's something like that.

Sure you aren't allowed to have more than half your formula as blonding cream...so for example, maximum would be 10mls highlift + 10mls blonding cream if using 20mls colour in total

Hi all,
Goldwell question...
I have a lady level 12 blonde roots 8 with 70% white hair. About inch regrowth.
She's another new client and I'm doing her highlights.
She's looking to have some bright red through underneath and loves the RR mix tone colour so Can someone tell me how I could achieve this colour on porous blonde hair.... As not used it yet & know its normally added to another colour. Ta!

Brilliant thanks guys had read a few different things and wanted to be sure! :) so if I do 10ml blonding cream + 15ml high lift and 50ml peroxide? Does that sound right? Xx

Brilliant thanks guys had read a few different things and wanted to be sure! :) so if I do 10ml blonding cream + 15ml high lift and 50ml peroxide? Does that sound right? Xx

Yes I think that sounds fine.

Is it for foils or on scalp?

Hi all,
Goldwell question...
I have a lady level 12 blonde roots 8 with 70% white hair. About inch regrowth.
She's another new client and I'm doing her highlights.
She's looking to have some bright red through underneath and loves the RR mix tone colour so Can someone tell me how I could achieve this colour on porous blonde hair.... As not used it yet & know its normally added to another colour. Ta!

Could you use RR mix on its own with 3% maybe??

I only used the mixes in with tints...

Or maybe 7RR with RR mix? Pre pig with red then apply colour on top to achieve a brighter colour.

Maybe you could take a test cutting and apply RR mix on its own with 3% to see what it does ?

Kinda thinking out loud here lol

Thanks Hun.
Thinking it may bleed out without any base to it.
Do I need to pre pig with red if I'm adding it anyway?

Thanks Hun.
Thinking it may bleed out without any base to it.
Do I need to pre pig with red if I'm adding it anyway?

I was just thinking what's the point doing copper or gold and then trying to achieve a strong red on top of that...

Base will just flatten the red, especially if she's wanting a really bright red.

I used to always add base into my lowlights so it would grab onto the blonde and cover it but after reading some threads on here I have just been using the tones with no base as the blonde grabs all the warmth anyway...so say you use 7N + 7G, hair grabs all the G tone, leaving you with a flat N.

(I know you are talking about reds, just an example :) )

Foils :) know your not suppost to use blonding cream on scalp :) perfect thank youu :) xx

Foils :) know your not suppost to use blonding cream on scalp :) perfect thank youu :) xx

Yep you're right never use any blonding cream on the scalp. Foils only x

I mixed a 6nbk with 6vr and some vv mix yesterday (I like to make cocktails lol) looked lovely and rich! X

I mixed a 6nbk with 6vr and some vv mix yesterday (I like to make cocktails lol) looked lovely and rich! X

I'm sure the 6NBK is from triflectives range & goldwell recommend u don't mix them with any other colour. Though would be nice to see how ure cocktail came out :)

O really, didn't know that lol I took a pic but it looked better in real life (annoying when that happens!) I like mixing all the colours, I will try and get a picture when I next see my grandma (she's my guinea pig lol) x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back