Gone and contaminated my new brush!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Bought a new Creative pro styler just after Xmas, and used it a handful of times.

I then decied to concetrate on gel for a while (clients willing to give anything a try bless them!!)

Anyway, i had a client on Saturday that wanted L&P, which wasn't a problem.

I'd probaby not used my brush for about 3 months and I always clean my brush properly and store it lying down and covered up, but when i came to use it on Saturday it was contaminated something rotten.

I tried cleaning it in fresh monomer for about 10 mins and this seemed to help, but even then i still have a slight yellow tinge on the lint free pad.

Anyone got any suggestions on why this might of happend, and how i can rectify it.

I really could do without having to buy a new brush again - especially as this one is so new still.

Em.xx

when you dip your brush in the liquid are you putting the brush in and not the metal bit of the brush that may cause the yellowing.

I think i'm only putting the brush in - but i suppose that's worth looking into - will double check my technique when i get home later.

Any ideas on how to fix it.

I would cut the long end off a pipette so you have about 2-3 inches left of the long part still attached above the bulb and fill the bulb up to just below where it starts to get thinner with monomer put your brush in that (the thicknes of the brush handle will help to suspend the brush in the monomer without touching the bottom) then sit the whole lot in a glass jar, and leave for 24 hrs to soak....you will have to prop the brush handle against something or use bluetack to stick it in an upright position to something or it will tip over.... after 24hrs try and see if the brush is clean if there appears to be any residue still there try and gently ease it out with an orangewood stick. If doing all this has helped but still not cleared it all put the brush back in the monomer and leave for a while again...repeat until brush is clean. I do this regularly with my brushes especially my ultra sculptor...hope this helps

nailsbydesign said:
I would cut the long end off a pipette so you have about 2-3 inches left of the long part still attached above the bulb and fill the bulb up to just below where it starts to get thinner with monomer put your brush in that (the thicknes of the brush handle will help to suspend the brush in the monomer without touching the bottom) then sit the whole lot in a glass jar, and leave for 24 hrs to soak....you will have to prop the brush handle against something or use bluetack to stick it in an upright position to something or it will tip over.... after 24hrs try and see if the brush is clean if there appears to be any residue still there try and gently ease it out with an orangewood stick. If doing all this has helped but still not cleared it all put the brush back in the monomer and leave for a while again...repeat until brush is clean. I do this regularly with my brushes especially my ultra sculptor...hope this helps

That's great, will get it in a pipette when i get home.

Thanks for that - fingers crosses it can be saved.

Thanks again - let you know how i get on

Em.xx

Latest posts

Back