Good glossing blocks ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiebbaby

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good highh shine long lasting bluck or buffer, I currently am using CND glossing block but find it is not lasting me long and for the price of a pack of 4, I feel I am going through them really quick.

Anyone have any good alternatives, also if I were to buy sanding blocks which stage would these be used in?? I have started using outblacks by CND and looove them for tip blending or rebalances around zone 3,,,has anyone tried any other brands which are similar to the outblack ??

Thanks guys xxx

I'd use the CND Girlfriend 3 way buffer if you want a LONG lasting buffer that creates high shine.

I adore the CND glossing buffers but you have to know that Solar Oil kills them. If oil gets on the buffer then that will soon see the end of it so you must use them on a dry nail.

IF I buff to a high shine I use the white block and then the glossing buffer.

So would I use my koala then solar oil with koala then remove oil with scrub fresh, then use white block then use the girlfriend black white grey??? I just love a natural high shine, I feel polish makes a bit dull iygwim xxx

So would I use my koala then solar oil with koala then remove oil with scrub fresh, then use white block then use the girlfriend black white grey??? I just love a natural high shine, I feel polish makes a bit dull iygwim xxx

Thats the way I do it you have to make sure you remove all the solar oil off the nail plate before using the girlfriend.
If I then want a glass finish I use the glosser
:hug:

I actually do not use the Koala buffer for anything but exfoliating the nailplate before application.

I finish the nail dry using a 180 abrasive then go straight to the white block then the glossing buffer or girlfriend and only at the very end do I apply the solar Oil.

There are lots of methods to finishing. I personally see no point (once you are an experienced nail technician ) to using solar Oil to buff and then removing it with a dehydrator directly afterwards .. but that is JMHO.

I find if you graduate properly and I mean properly - til no fine white dust - 180, 180 spongey, 240 kaola, then the nails will come upto a brilliant shine with a girlfriend. I like the glosser but you cannot have ANY solaroil on the nail plate or surrounding skin

I was taught to use solar oil at the end of the treatment. So buff to a high shine then apply solar last thing and rub in. Leaves the client with a yummy smell! :green: (and me)

I was taught to use solar oil at the end of the treatment. So buff to a high shine then apply solar last thing and rub in. Leaves the client with a yummy smell! :green: (and me)

It does allot more than that (make the nails smell good)! :green:

Regular use of solar Oil hydrates the skin surrounding the nail plate, it reptates through the enhancement to moisturise the natural nail and it plasticizes the acrylic polymer to stop aging and drying, its use prevents lifting and clients absolutely have to have it for homecare so it is one of your most important regular retail sales.

I had learnt all the benefits but it's the smell I am in love with, we even joked on the course that the quick dry spray could be our latest room fragrance :)

Think that's were I am going wrong,,, as I can see solar oil in sidewalls of nails. I am going to try not using solar oil just use my 180 hot shot to refine, then white block, then either my glosser or GF,,then oil xxxx thanks guys. So my koala is just used for prep, cud I not use my outblack?? as this is 240/120 is it not???

Think that's were I am going wrong,,, as I can see solar oil in sidewalls of nails. I am going to try not using solar oil just use my 180 hot shot to refine, then white block, then either my glosser or GF,,then oil xxxx thanks guys. So my koala is just used for prep, cud I not use my outblack?? as this is 240/120 is it not???

You can use the koala for whatever you want, just not oil before the glossing buffer. I would not use the Outblack buffer for nail prep. It may also be a 240 but it is also a more robust buffer and would not be as gentle on the nail.

I use the 1200 side of the Koala to do an oil buff for some clients which gives a satin smooth and very natural healthy looking finish .. not everyone wants a high gloss shine (I'm one of those). I love satin.

Latest posts

Back