Good makeup for coverage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda_86

Reaction score
Hi
I'm a make up artist and Im still to this day looking for a good foundation that has a airbrush finish and good concealer to cover the evil little dark circles we all get.
I've tried a large range but just don't get the coverage I'm looking for, for my clients and myself.

Any suggestions or recommendations? X

Dermacolor for concealing, it's the same product as Dermablend used to be before Vichy took them over. Or do you mean you want a foundation that does it all?

Not really I'm looking for a amazing foundation for my clients in general and a concealer.
I have a wedding coming up and want to give my bride a flawless look but I can't seem to find anything that works well x

Well def dermacolor for concealing, but with foundation it's not always going to be about a brand. How do you prep, apply and finish and what kind of brands have you tried? Also when you say it's not flawless, could you describe a little more? Is it collecting in creases, sliding off?

I love Amazing Cosmetics. The key is in the application, really. Consider using a weightless foundation and applying your concealer last with a brush, gentle/wispy strokes-followed by translucent powder...lightly. I find the problem is the over-application of concealers. This is what causes the sticky, creasing we all hate.

I've got Face Atelier Ultra Foundation for my kit. It's fantastic coverage. It's expensive if you buy it here, but you can buy direct from the company in Canada with their pro discount. I have other foundations in my kit but I don't ever use them. The texture and finish of Face Atelier is just like real skin, and it seems to suit all age groups too.

Iv just started using nars all day luminous foundation. It's amazing!

Have you tried georgio Armani luminous silk? Nars sheer glow and nars creamy concealer? Or makeup forever HD foundation?

Graftobian HD Glamour Creme - amazing wedding foundation

Graftobian HD Glamour Creme - amazing wedding foundation

Totally agree! This is what I use and the result is incredible, looks amazing in real life and perfect in photos. Prep is eeeeeverything with this product so make sure you are using a great primer etc. I can't sing Graftobian's praises enough, brilliant foundation.

Arbonne Liquid Perfecting Foundation. This is using the Arbonne primer and foundation. It's also non-comedogenic (allows skin to breath, so you can layer up to build coverage but yet so so lightweight it feels as though you are not wearing it at all. It's truly mega)
I can send you a free sample if you wish to try them. I loved them that much I got myself involved in the business.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1448807526856.jpg
    FB_IMG_1448807526856.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 41
To keep flow, with great coverage and skin what primers would you recommend ? X

Totally agree! This is what I use and the result is incredible, looks amazing in real life and perfect in photos. Prep is eeeeeverything with this product so make sure you are using a great primer etc. I can't sing Graftobian's praises enough, brilliant foundation.

Agree with the above. I love tarte full coverage foundation if your looking for something that's natural and no "nasties!"

Other good covers are the cover fx pigment drops, Estée Lauder double wear maximum cover...its in a blue tube and also make-up forever. Creme de la mer used to do a lovely coverage one but it was expensive and also think it might be discontinued x

Nars all day luminous foundation and the radient creamy concealer. I have the worst dark circles going and it covers them like a dream and lasts all day. Only need a little as well and jobs a good'un.

What about MAC? I haven't used their foundations but would be interested to know if any one has and their thoughts please plus their primers?

Estée Lauder double wear maximum cover in the blue tube amazing

Estée Lauder double wear maximum cover in the blue tube amazing

[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️ it's fab isn't it!

I have worked for mac and studio fix is good but not as good as Lauder max cover! X

It's like no other! I've tried soooo many and this is such a hidden one, never advertised or heard of much! But my goodness does it cover well. Makes me look like I've got great skin.

I use MAC studio sculpt foundation & MAC select cover up concealer x

I like mac Prolongwear, :)

Latest posts

Back