"good" or "bad" liquid??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janosch1974

Reaction score
Hello,

Today I was in a nailstore ( for professionals only) and saw a new liquid which I did not mention before....
I only use Creative but I got a little of this liquid for free because the shop ownder said that it would be as good as creative.....I think it will not be quite as good but it was a free sample so now its standing in front of me....
I will write down the ingredients ( do not know if it is the correct word(?)) maybe someone could say if it is a "good" or "bad" liquid...and maybe you can tell me the ingredients of retention and compare them to my liquid......
I think I will never use it on customers..but maybe to clean my brush :D because it is a little bit cheaper and maybe good for something like that..?

Diana

Oh,....
here are the ingredients: Ethyl/Methacrylate, P-Hydroxyanisole ( Phenolic Polymerization Inhibitors) N,N-Dimethyl-P-Toluidine, Violet#2, Blue#1.

Hi there

Don't know anything about this liquid but you should only clean your brush in the liquid you use with it so if you use your brush with Retention only clean it with Retention.

Hope this helps :)

Oh, thanks for that info....I did not know that!
Why does another liquid not the job of cleaning my brush??
hm, maybe somebody knows...
I´m so interested in the product chemistry..want to know why a product works and how....
nobody there who can answer my question about the ingredients of the liquid?

As was said before you NEVER mix other products with the system you use. It will contaminate everything! You are just introducing a new chemical into the system which is not meant to be there.

Personally i would stick with the creative you use, as chances are just because its cheaper doesn't mean it works any better. Especially when cleaning your brush you only use the monomer you have in your kit. Don't even buy brush cleaner it will just contaminate everything which will then cause you problems when doing your enhancements.

Ask Geeg as she knows about this sort of thing or she will know someone else who does. Hope this helps.

Janosch1974 said:
Oh, thanks for that info....I did not know that!
Why does another liquid not the job of cleaning my brush??
hm, maybe somebody knows...
I´m so interested in the product chemistry..want to know why a product works and how....
nobody there who can answer my question about the ingredients of the liquid?
Hiya,
If you are intrested in product chemistry,then i suggest you buy Nail Structure and Product Chemistry by Doug Schoon.......................it's a fantastic book
Amanda

Janosch1974 said:
Hello,

Today I was in a nailstore ( for professionals only) and saw a new liquid which I did not mention before....
I only use Creative but I got a little of this liquid for free because the shop ownder said that it would be as good as creative.....I think it will not be quite as good but it was a free sample so now its standing in front of me....
I will write down the ingredients ( do not know if it is the correct word(?)) maybe someone could say if it is a "good" or "bad" liquid...and maybe you can tell me the ingredients of retention and compare them to my liquid......
I think I will never use it on customers..but maybe to clean my brush :D because it is a little bit cheaper and maybe good for something like that..?

Diana

The ingredients on a lable tell you nothing about the formulation.

Most monomers have similar types of ingredients but the formulation differs hugely. Ex. A cake has the ingredients of eggs, flour, butter, and sugar. But using too many eggs or too much butter results in a completely different cake!! Get it?

Creative monomer liquid formulas are patent protected, so this liquid will not be like Creative. That is what everyone says when they want to 'sell' their products, "It's just like Creative" and it never is. There are also chemicals within the formulation that are secret and are not on the labels.

You should never clean you brush in another monomer to the one you are using NOR use your brush in another monomer. Different monomers, different brushes.

Doug Schoons book is excellentif you want to know how it all works.

I have had a couple of companies tell me 'it's just like creative'...i just smile and think 'yer yer try another tactic'.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back