Good shampoo for chlorine build up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwoodsy

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I've started swimming a lot and am not liking the effect it's having on my hair 😁

Been using KMS Clarifying shampoo which seemed to be good to start with but now feels like its not doing anything.

Any recommendations??

Chlorine is a particular nasty for the hair. You need to get a chlorine specific shampoo to properly remove it. Here are some tips.

Wet your hair before you get in the pool - this helps reduce the absorption of the chlorine water

Try to keep your hair dry in the pool!

Wash your hair immediately after leaving the pool

Use a shampoo such as Wella Care Sun shampoo which will remove the chlorine.

Hope this helps you!

bicarbonate of soda mixed with shampoo work well, using its as a shampoo and leaving it for 5/10 mins x

I was told putting conditioner on your hair before getting in the pool can help?

Why don't you just wear a swim cap? That's what I do.

I'm there to swim and get fitter so I'm not bothered what I look like to be honest.

Why don't you just wear a swim cap? That's what I do.

I'm there to swim and get fitter so I'm not bothered what I look like to be honest.

My daughter has always worn a swim cap (many different brands) and her hair ALWAYS gets wet. :-/

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

living in tenerife there is a big problem here with the chlorine. i always recommend paul mitchell shampoo three. hair should be washed straight after but always use a moisture conditioner with the shampoo. never scimp on that. they also do protectors for the hair before you go in the pool. hope this helps

Thanks everyone. I bought a different shampoo today so will see how that goes, may give the bicarbonate of soda a shot too!

I never normally wet my hair before going in, just my body so maybe that will make a difference too.

I used to wear swim caps when I was younger and doing lots of swimming and they never really worked so that's why I've not bothered with them this time.

Putting conditioner on your hair before getting in the pool works as a barrier so the chlorine doesn't seep straight in! That's the best advise I can give! Then wash your hair with a decent branded clarifying shampoo straight after hth x

Shampoo 3 by Paul Mitchell. Removes everything from the hair inc pollution and medication (inc contraceptive and alcohol)

just me ;)

Latest posts

Back