Graham HandsDown soak off gel wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too thought I had an original idea:(

I purchased some of this bandage from my local chemist in the colour that matches my salon decor and I use a small bit (enough to tightly, but not too tight, wrap around the finger and nail) and a lint free pad soaked in acetone and I have found it works a treat.

I was fed up with the foil method and couldn't find anything easy, so I did this. I figure if we can wrap it around our fingers to avoid file damage in our own skin and nails, then why not use it for this purpose too......obviously Hands Down had the same idea but just took it a step further with sewing in the pads.
Good on them, cause it's a great idea and it's so much easier than foil.
Can't wait for them to hit Australian shores because I will buy them and see if it is easier (I doubt cheaper) than making my own but I like matching my colours up, so I might stick with my own just to have the colour match:)

Mind you, I still have heaps of rolls of foil in the same decor colour as my salon to use up, so I will have to go back to foil at some stage:(

I don't fully understand all this. Do any of you really need to leave your clients for any length of time to soak i.e. enough time for them to read a magazine?

I work on and wrap one finger at a time. The gel I use needs the seal broken first. By the time I have wrapped the last nail, the first one is ready to be removed and prepped.

I know that you don't need to remove the seal on Shellac, but are the clients really sat for an amount of time that causes you to worry?

Looking at the price of these on Ebay from the US, they add £1+ to each treatment. Bought from Amazon, they add £3+ to each treatment. Other branded wraps add similar amounts. That is a large percentage of the amount a lot of us are charging for gel polish treatments. An amount that is taken directly from your profit.

One roll of hairdressing foil in a dispenser and one bag of cotton wool costs pennies per treatment. Practice your technique and wrap neatly and consistently and it looks just as professional to clients.

JMHO :hug:

To be honest you're right, some of the wraps work out at £2.30 + cost of acetone, if you were really going to work on what you SHOULD be paid you'd also add another £5 for your time, which would be ridiculous.

I used hairdressers foils and a lint free pad but in the end opted for Magis (500) which works out CONSIDERABLY less, as you say pennies per service rather than pounds. For me, Magis were just tiny bit easier and less faffing around so I don't mind paying the the little extra.

Hi

I've just found these hands down wraps on sally's website- £1.99 for pack of 10 but if you have a trade card then they'll be much cheaper and especially on VAT free days :lol:

Sally Express | Search

wraps availalbe from www.taylormadenails.co.uk hope this helps x

I cannot see the wraps for sale on this website, is this not just advertising for your site:sad:

Having also looked at your site, I also cannot find the wraps we are discussing for sale. Have you perhaps misinterpreted what we are talking about and thought that we are talking about Trendy Nail Wraps or similar? These are the only "wraps" I can see on your site. The ones we are discussing are wraps that you use for the removal of Shellac or enhancements

Having also looked at your site, I also cannot find the wraps we are discussing for sale. Have you perhaps misinterpreted what we are talking about and thought that we are talking about Trendy Nail Wraps or similar? These are the only "wraps" I can see on your site. The ones we are discussing are wraps that you use for the removal of Shellac or enhancements

I think they meant to put:
TailorMade_Nails :: For All Your Nail Enhancement Supplies
The wraps are on there. x

Hi, sorry yes it is Taylormade Nails and its the Graham handsdown soak off gelwraps they have in stock as per the original post.

It's a trip to chemist for me tomorrow! I'm going to russle up my own and hopefully save quite a lot of money on that price. Mind you, I've only had my Gelish on for one week and have promised myself that for professional research, I will keep it on for three! It's going to be so hard. :rolleyes:

hi, I was just wondering if anyone tried using the strechy tape from the chemists in the end? And if so how did you get on with it? :)

I use these and they are awesome I bought a box of 100 from cosmoprof for $16 and I saw them on sale at sallys for about $20

I also saw gelish has come out with their own brand has anyone tried those??

I got given some of those handsdown ones at Olympia they've just been stuck in a draw.

Must admit I have used my pink or black tape with pads as fab for my big toes, tho never used o.n a client, loved it as meant I could mie about in my croc flip flops lol

Yes they are very similar, I can take pics of the hands down as have some here, never used them.

Blimey, how times change!

I retail these in my removal kit as I think they are easier for clients to use on themselves. I no longer use them on myself as I love Magis for that and my clients who have me do the removal.

Can anyone help me with finding a UK distributor for these wraps? I bought a 10 pack from Sally's to try them out and find them great when removing Shellac from toes, much less fiddly. Sally's only seem to stock the 10 packs, I'm after the 100 packs.

Any help with this would be fab. :)

Can anyone help me with finding a UK distributor for these wraps? I bought a 10 pack from Sally's to try them out and find them great when removing Shellac from toes, much less fiddly. Sally's only seem to stock the 10 packs, I'm after the 100 packs.

Any help with this would be fab. :)

You can get similar from salon serve, so easy to use, and very reasonably priced. I put them in a little removal pack for clients to buy.

Salonserve Home - Great Professional Beauty, Nails and Hair products and supplies

Latest posts

Back