Gran Died

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Glitzy, so sorry to hear about your gran. Even if you weren't close, it somehow still stings. Glad to also read that your mom is okay. Thoughts and prayers from Bry and myself.

GlitzyGirl said:
Thanks again for all your kind thoughts.
Just spoke to mum and she's just fine.
Strangely though, I am not as upset as I should really be, have'nt cried or anything. Or it might just be a delayed reaction still to come. I don't really know what to think, but I think that since my 18 yr old brother died, 12 yrs ago, old people dying just does'nt seem to bother me that much. When I think about my nan, my mind seems to steer off to my brother straight away. I am now thinking of how I can get out of going to the funeral, as since my brother's I have'nt been able to face going to any funerals, with the fear of breaking down again, in front of everyone.
I don't mean to be so ruthless about my nan, and I know that I sound it, but it's the only way I can think of getting round this without breaking down again, for my children's sake. It happened when my brother died, but my son was only 1.5 then, now he's 13, and understands a lot.
when something truly awful happens like your brother dying it is hard to think of anything worse so although it is awful about your grans passing you feel nothing was as awful as your brothers passing...and that is totally normal dont feel guilty or bad over your reaction it is totally normal...
my nan (my mums mum) is very ill and although it is going to be terrible like you i totally dont want to go to the funeral because when my mum died they bought a double plot because my nan wants to be buried where my mum is and that means going through the whole thing again.
i totally know where you are coming from and the feelings you have.....be strong i think your nans passing has brought back awful memories.
about attending the funeral it is your choice if you dont want to go...and like you said you are holding it all together for your kids but you will need to mourn hun...but your way.
thinking of you xxxxxxx

you poor thing, what a scare.

Li. xx

im so sorry to hear about your sad loss

so sorry 2 hear about ur gran, and pleased that ur mum is ok take care
xx

Sorry to hear your sad news ... have some of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

Latest posts

Back