Gran Died

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGirl

Reaction score
:cry:Hi every1,
I know I have'nt been on the site for a while now, but I just needed some comfort, and thought who better than my geek friends.
Few hours ago my parents phoned me to say they were on their way to visit my nan, who'd been admitted to hospital yet again. About an hour and a half later my dad phoned again to say that my mum had been admitted to hospital as well, as she was suddenly really unwell in the car, with chest pains and sickness. He also said that my nan had died before they got there. I thought my mum got upset and that made her ill, but she did'nt know at the time that nan was already dead.
Anyway, mum's fine now, she's been sent home and the doctor said it was most likely an anxiety attack, as she was going to visit nan and knew that her time was almost up, as they'd been told by doctors.
Just been thinking, I could have lost a nan and a mum on the same day, God forbid, but stranger things have happened.
I just needed to get this off my chest, so thanks for "listening" (you know what I mean).

So so sorry for your loss Sweetie :hug:

Oh Glitzy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Gran :hug:

Glad your Mum is OK, make sure you give her an extra big hug next time you see her.

We're here if you need to chat :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. I know exactly how you feel, stay strong. xxxx

I'm really sorry to hear about your nan, were you close? It's always gives us a life check i think when someone close to us passes away, don'tyou think?

Hope ya mam's feeling OK too.

Sorry to hear your news, my condolences to you.
It makes you realise how delicate life can be and you need to treasure every moment.
I lost my mum some years ago now but treasure every moment we had.My nan won't be around much longer and although you try to prepare yourself it's never like you expect it.
Here any time.

GlitzyGirl said:
:cry:Hi every1,
I know I have'nt been on the site for a while now, but I just needed some comfort, and thought who better than my geek friends.
Few hours ago my parents phoned me to say they were on their way to visit my nan, who'd been admitted to hospital yet again. About an hour and a half later my dad phoned again to say that my mum had been admitted to hospital as well, as she was suddenly really unwell in the car, with chest pains and sickness. He also said that my nan had died before they got there. I thought my mum got upset and that made her ill, but she did'nt know at the time that nan was already dead.
Anyway, mum's fine now, she's been sent home and the doctor said it was most likely an anxiety attack, as she was going to visit nan and knew that her time was almost up, as they'd been told by doctors.
Just been thinking, I could have lost a nan and a mum on the same day, God forbid, but stranger things have happened.
I just needed to get this off my chest, so thanks for "listening" (you know what I mean).
Hello!
So sorry to hear about your news,i am thinking of you and your family.
Here's a big hug from meeeeee!:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you all for your meaningful messages.

I wasn't that close to my nan, my favourite nan died about 16 yrs ago. But she was still my nan, and I loved her in my own way.
Things like this just make me appreciate my children, husband and life much more. We never know how long we've got left. 1st thing I always pray for is to live long enough to see my children as adults, with their own families hopefully. Then comes the rest.

I am so sorry to read your news my thoughts are with you and your family.

My Nan died this year I was so up set she was like a Mum to me although I did not see her that much as she lived away but we talked on the phone quite a lot.

One of the other girls Nan also died not so long ago which was also sad.

Take care and I am pleased your Mum is ok now take care of her.

Love Caz xxx

So sorry babe, loosing someone is always so hard to understand even when they are old.....it puts life in such a different perspetive..... what is important today, can be absolutly trivial the next day when something like this happens...
Your Nan knew you loved her and death ,is like her leaving the room, to go into another one that you can enter just yet....All the Memories you have will bring her close to you and you will never forget her.....she will always be in your heart and that is a very special place xxxx

Lots of love and hugs from me babe xxx

Sorry to hear of your loss, its always a difficult time. you and your family are in our thoughts x x

Sorry to hear your sad newsxxx

GlitzyGirl said:
Thank you all for your meaningful messages.

I wasn't that close to my nan, my favourite nan died about 16 yrs ago. But she was still my nan, and I loved her in my own way.
Things like this just make me appreciate my children, husband and life much more. We never know how long we've got left. 1st thing I always pray for is to live long enough to see my children as adults, with their own families hopefully. Then comes the rest.

Sorry to hear about your Nan :hug: Im pleased you Mum is on the mend. You have had an emotional time. I know exactly what you mean. The try to live each day as full as possible with your children dont you. That is my prayer to live long enough to see my two grow up becomes adults fall in love and settle down etc, you know they are safe then! Take care honey xx

So sorry for you loss hunny! :hug:

Sorry to hear about your Gran. Thinking of you...

Sorry to hear your sad news, Hope your Mum is ok :Love:

Sorry to hear about your Gran.

Mine died a few weeks ago now but I have days where I still sit and cry but I know she wouldn't want me to be sad.

Stay strong and take care of your mum - that is what she would want you to do.

Take care x x x

Thanks again for all your kind thoughts.
Just spoke to mum and she's just fine.
Strangely though, I am not as upset as I should really be, have'nt cried or anything. Or it might just be a delayed reaction still to come. I don't really know what to think, but I think that since my 18 yr old brother died, 12 yrs ago, old people dying just does'nt seem to bother me that much. When I think about my nan, my mind seems to steer off to my brother straight away. I am now thinking of how I can get out of going to the funeral, as since my brother's I have'nt been able to face going to any funerals, with the fear of breaking down again, in front of everyone.
I don't mean to be so ruthless about my nan, and I know that I sound it, but it's the only way I can think of getting round this without breaking down again, for my children's sake. It happened when my brother died, but my son was only 1.5 then, now he's 13, and understands a lot.

so sorry to hear of your sad loss. my thoughts are with you

take care:hug:

jules x

So sorry to hear your sad news.
:hug:​

Latest posts

Back