Greasy hair please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is manky?? :D

Oooh, have I taught you a new word??!!!! It is when something's a bit horrible, but not enough to call it horrible......

So, an apple with a bruise in would be manky, hair that feels not completely clean would be manky, kids with faces covered in something sticky would be a bit manky. The weather can be manky.....:lol:

Such a versatile word, lol!!!! Does that help??

Yep got taught a new english slang word.
does that apply to humans too? We can be in a manky mood? :D

Yep got taught a new english slang word.
does that apply to humans too? We can be in a manky mood? :D

Yeah & when your feeling "off" or coming down with a cold/flu ... I say I feel manky!! :lol:

I've stopped washing mine as much as it was getting greasier the more i washed it - i use dry shampoo on in between days if it feels a bit yucky. xx

I can't wait to see the look on others faces when they ask me how Iam ..

"Oh ya know..I am feeling a little manky today, how about you?

LMAO

Hi jd i followed ur advise and got some nioxin products off the net, they arrived today but i have noticed they have sent me the conditioner for NON CHEMICALLY treated hair instead of chemically treated hair, my hair is coloured and highlighted, would i have to return it or will it not matter that much?????????????

Hi,

Just wondered if you've used the Nioxin yet and what you thought ? I was recommended Nioxin ages ago, but never got round to getting some.

Would love to hear your feedback.

Marlise

Hi,

Just wondered if you've used the Nioxin yet and what you thought ? I was recommended Nioxin ages ago, but never got round to getting some.

Would love to hear your feedback.

Marlise

I have used it and to be honest my hair feels a little thicker (if thats the right word), more volume, anyway, only used it this morning so will let u know tmz if its as greasy or not, i really want to try the baking soada trick but not had time yet, i think the product will be a good buy but is little expensive to use on a regular basis its about £9.00 a bottle and the bottles not that big,

just wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper (store shampoo) that is as good for ur hair?

I have used it and to be honest my hair feels a little thicker (if thats the right word), more volume, anyway, only used it this morning so will let u know tmz if its as greasy or not, i really want to try the baking soada trick but not had time yet, i think the product will be a good buy but is little expensive to use on a regular basis its about £9.00 a bottle and the bottles not that big,

just wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper (store shampoo) that is as good for ur hair?

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know.

Please keep me updated on how it works for you as I might invest in some myself.

Marlise

I just found this site for Nioxin s&c www.lookfantastic.com & if you sign up & order, you get member prices too!!

Thanks helen ur a star :hug:

Yes nioxin is a bit expensive but it does what other shampoos will not do, especially OTC shampoo and conditioners. You Get What You Pay For.
Remember ..you do not have to use very much of it like OTC shampoos. Your bottle should last you at least a couple of months.
I had a client write the date of purchase on his bottle and then brought it back into me to get some more. The date on the bottle was in Dec 06..he brought it back to me the beginning of June07. He paid a Sale price of 21.00 usd. You do the math.:lol:
If you watch, the company puts out specials on liter size Duos. Giving you the savings of about 33%.They do this a couple times a year.

We try not recommending store bought shampoo on a professional forum.:irked:

For those of us who are not millionaires (us poor mums) but who also love our hair, can anyone reconmend a cheeper shampoo and conditioner:cry::cry::cry: Although I like to take care of myself I just feel this amount for a shampoo is a little much, also the kids will prob use it as bubble bath:eek:

ohhh I can get it from pro shop if ness:lol::lol:

Sure..there are much cheaper professional products out there. There are a lot more expensive ones out there.

Bedhead is a cheaper one..Back to Basic is a cheaper one...But it will not do what the more expensive ones will do.

Sure..there are much cheaper professional products out there. There are a lot more expensive ones out there.

Bedhead is a cheaper one..Back to Basic is a cheaper one...But it will not do what the more expensive ones will do.
I understand they may not do all that the other do, but I will give them a go.. Have all shop brought (supermarkets) got wax in them

Yes nioxin is a bit expensive but it does what other shampoos will not do, especially OTC shampoo and conditioners. You Get What You Pay For.
Remember ..you do not have to use very much of it like OTC shampoos. Your bottle should last you at least a couple of months.
I had a client write the date of purchase on his bottle and then brought it back into me to get some more. The date on the bottle was in Dec 06..he brought it back to me the beginning of June07. He paid a Sale price of 21.00 usd. You do the math.:lol:
If you watch, the company puts out specials on liter size Duos. Giving you the savings of about 33%.They do this a couple times a year.

We try not recommending store bought shampoo on a professional forum.:irked:

Of course i 100% agree with u and i also agree i didnt have to use very much this morning, so it should last a good while, i really like how its made my hair feel and thats only after one go, and it smells lush, which is always a good thing, :lol:

Hi JD,

We don't have salons that stock Nioxin in the UK ...... well, I certainly can't find any.

We can only buy Nioxin over the web with certain health & beauty distributors, so we don't get the same discounts / special offers as you would buying from a salon.

Marlise

Just the same, you keep your eye out for them. Nixion Company puts out Duo's that are packaged as one. I couldn't imagine them not having these.

You just never know...:D

Just thourght i would update u all,

i have used the nioxin for a week now and love it, the shampoo is great really gives volume to ur hair, the conditioner is quite strong (if thats the right word) i find it leaves my hair feeling quite heavy ans lifeless so i just use the shampoo with a regular condition on the ends and it works a treat, love it love it love it..........:)

Just thourght i would update u all,

i have used the nioxin for a week now and love it, the shampoo is great really gives volume to ur hair, the conditioner is quite strong (if thats the right word) i find it leaves my hair feeling quite heavy ans lifeless so i just use the shampoo with a regular condition on the ends and it works a treat, love it love it love it..........:)

Have you tried just shampoo'ing and not using any condidioner? And condition every 2-3 washes ... maybe condition once a week?

This is what I do and there is a huge difference to what my hair was before! I think I was over conditioning my hair!!

Latest posts

Back