Green nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bird1977

Reaction score
Hi, I recently had a new client who had been having her nails done by a local salon for the past year, as I was filing off the colour I noticed the nail was discoloured, I immediately put gloves on and suspected a fungal nail infection. When I had got the product off the nail was green so I advised the client to go see her doctor,
The doctor said it was just discoloured where water had got in and was not fungal, so she is wanting me to put a set on; I told her I wasn't happy to put another set on until her nail was back to normal, have I done the right thing? What is this green ?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330971837.910396.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330971837.910396.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 467
Hi it's a greenie, bacteria/water has got under one of her extensions, once it is exposed to air it dies.
You can put an extension over it once the nail has been sanitised with your brand of cleanser eg.Scrubfresh.
It will grow off in time x

Noodle I need to learn how to do that from my phone ;) x

Hi, I've just read this thread and I have a similar situation. My client trapped two fingers in her drawer and her pen exploded. She said her nail had really bruised and also thought some of the nail stain was ink, but as it didn't hurt she asked for her usual infill. I thoroughly sanitised with NSI Pure (like scrub fresh) and asked her to keep an eye on it. She came back for an infill yesterday and it is still the same, although she told me its a bruise I wasn't too sure. It is definitely growing up the nail though. Should I ask her to see her doctor or is it ok if it's growing out? thanks!

This does sound more like a bruise, if she jammed her nails in a drawer. The mark will be blood from where she banged it trapped under the nail, it will have to grow out too.

well ladies i saw some nails on facebook with the very worrying comment of :

my nail tech is amazing she can put anything in your nails ever WATER !!! er hello untrained i feel !! x

Latest posts

Back