Green Nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMo

Reaction score
HELP, I am feeling really bad at the moment, a client has rung me today to say she has got 3 nails that are going green. I immediately thought Green nail so i've asked her to soak them off and give a good clean. I'm supposed to rebalance next week but am feeling absolutely dreadful. I sculpted her nails with Brisa, what could have caused the Green Nail?!?!? I've been doing nails for 4 years and NEVER had this.

Very sad
JMo.x

Ok babe, Brisa is not a soak off Gel, so no good telling her to soak it off......LOL......
The best thing to do is, get the client to come to you and then you can fix this for her......I never advise clients to do any DIY nail repair at home............if there is a problem I get them to come and see me to fix it................

Where is the bacterial infection, near the cuticle edge, in the middle ????

Bacterial infections occure when moisture can get trapped between the nail plate and the overlay................bacteria has a party, feeds of the oils and contaminants and leaves a green stain.............

If the bacterial infection is along the cuticle area, you might not have removed all non living tissue well enough, with time the coating will lift and moisture can get trapped ................
Soft tissue contact along the side walls i.e. Gel pooling will cause lifting too and this then can cause bacterial infections.......

When she comes in, buff of old gel, use an old file and chuck it out when you finished with it............. don't use it on non infected nails!!!!!!!
lighly buff off the stain, but don't try to remove it all, or you will remove nail plate along with this !!!!

Buff off the shine on the nail with a koala 240 going only in direction of nail growth...........
Scrubfresh the nail thoroughly, really scrub..............Liquid bond 2-3 nails at a time...........
Pay special attention when applying the gel, work the first thin layer of gel into the nail plate.......I use little circular movements, well old habits die hard and it works for me....... this way you know that there is a good bond between nail plate and the gel.................
Then proceed with the rest of the application as normal, place your scoop of gel on the nail and guide it, to where you want it................

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back