Grey ombré help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
This lady wishes to to have the grey ombré.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443978971.996469.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443978997.730074.jpg

I have olaplex to help with condition..
Client previously had 55/65 then got her to this.

Now I'm a bit stumped... Would I have to lift client up to full head blonde first to achieve the grey tones at root? Then do my ombré?

[emoji85][emoji30] it's just mashing my head all this lol, hate colour corrections but with yr help I will do it. Thank you in Advance [emoji8]

View attachment 190982View attachment 190983

Now I'm a bit stumped... Would I have to lift client up to full head blonde first to achieve the grey tones at root? Then do my ombré?

[emoji85][emoji30] it's just mashing my head all this lol, hate colour corrections but with yr help I will do it. Thank you in Advance [emoji8]
You need to get her lighter for sure. Olaplex will help with the ends.
As far as do you need to lift all those pieces up by the regrowth. It just depends on what effect you are going for,
are you leaving her regrowth natural? Or are you coloring her at the root?
you could have a dark root that extends pretty far down and melt the blond pieces up into that then you dont have to focus on the roots so much and you can concentrate on getting the ends to the level you want.
Book plenty of time. Break it into separate steps if you need to. Do what you are most comfortable with and you are allowed to say no if you dont want to. : P

The dark root area looks grey toned, if I use a level 5, illumina 5/81 I'm thinking wouldn't provide enough grey tone.
I Think it would just neutralise some of the warmth.. Don't really want to drop any darker as I know she will eventually ask to go lighter ... Oh feck!!
Or am I wrong lol...

Anyone know if a dark grey formula in Wella to cover the base? I used a 6/0 last time X
She has fine hair too...

What about 7/89 with some 1cm 2/8 do u think this would work? Think I need to strand test X

Last edited:
My thought is that you'll have to lift the roots past the orange yellow stage or else you'll get a neutral reflect rather than gray.

My thought is that you'll have to lift the roots past the orange yellow stage or else you'll get a neutral reflect rather than gray.

Thank you that was my thought xx

I believe you are correct.

Yeah you can get a slate grey from yellow. I'd lift her up all at the same time though, because the ends are lighter so they're going to get where you need them at the same time as natural is, i'd leave her a little bit of root too.

But I wouldn't go with an /8 on the yellow parts, i'd be more inclined to use 6/16 as the root then 8/69 and 10/69?

I agree 6/16, but will it be gray enough, cams?

I agree 6/16, but will it be gray enough, cams?

Well thats the problem because they don't have a 5/16 and the 4/ would dilute the tone!

View attachment 190982View attachment 190983

Remember to still use your judgment and always ask before proceeding" Would I do this without Olaplex?" If the answer is no, then you should not attempt with Olaplex. Olaplex is only an insurance policy, not a magic wand. If doing multiple processes, make sure to use No2 in between each process.

The dark root area looks grey toned, if I use a level 5, illumina 5/81 I'm thinking wouldn't provide enough grey tone.
I Think it would just neutralise some of the warmth.. Don't really want to drop any darker as I know she will eventually ask to go lighter ... Oh feck!!
Or am I wrong lol...

Anyone know if a dark grey formula in Wella to cover the base? I used a 6/0 last time X
She has fine hair too...

What about 7/89 with some 1cm 2/8 do u think this would work? Think I need to strand test X
Thomas is correct! All gray hair results, need to first be lifted before you will be able to achieve the desired Affect.

Latest posts

Back