(Groupon)clients complaining about Shellac??BUT ALL my other shellac clients DON'T?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ps my nails are too long, excuse the added keyboard keys! x

OK, I dont quite know where this thread went off topic to gossip and hearsay. When someone says something negative about another thing, most time they have an agenda. The gel nail technician telling a client that gel is kinder for your nails than acrylic, we all know that isnt true but this technician will say anything to get a sale.

Wholesalers who will tell a customer that this product is better than Shellac for example, because they only sell this product and dont sell the product you asked for.

Spreading hearsay and things which are supposed facts is not very professional. If you want to know the true facts, go to the horse's mouth and ask. Dont listen to those who may have their own agenda.

Now back to Groupon LOL.

Let me get this right - you're saying that a client of yours works for S2 or one of their Academys or Ellisons? And that they have had lots of Shellac returned and are therefore changing the formula so it can be cured by LED instead of UV Light?

Seriously?

Groupon doesn't supply the stock that you use for the service.

no this is not the reason shellac are reformulating.... i never said that at all. i said they have had loads of returns on shellac products, her guess was bececause they are changing the formula!!! loads of wholesalers have taken it off there shelf for this reason.... why do a special offer on something that is so great......

not shellac there self just a supplier, dont get me wrong i was gonna try it.... just passing on information i heard. people returning the product cant be wrong... surely..... just a suggestion that mayb why the product is chipping or peeling or staying soft. most companies r trying 2 use a led system now so re formulating products.... fact

Im sorry but I have to jump in here as an educator for CND I think that I would surely know this information before yourself.
There is nothing wrong with the Shellac product. They are not reformulating the product and as far as I am aware have no intention of changing it so that you can use an LED.
If I am wrong then I will hold my hands up.
But please dont come and post here say on a professional forum.
Maybe you should check your facts before scaremongering.
Groupon have nothing to do with product or stock that people use.
Nail professionals who have issues with shellac are either not trained in the correct application or prep steps, not using the full system IE different UV Lamp, not shaking their products before applying, haven't brought their stock from authorised distributors etc etc.
Clients who experience problems are either those who dont follow their aftercare or are those who are not suitable for the product, which is down to the nail professional to determine at consultation.
And im sorry but LED are the future???, maybe if they can design a lamp that can have the bulbs replaced when they burn out but until that happens every time your LED runs out thats it kaput and you have to buy a new lamp, that doesn't sound like the future to me that sounds like a waste of money.
Jen

Im sorry but I have to jump in here as an educator for CND I think that I would surely know this information before yourself.
There is nothing wrong with the Shellac product. They are not reformulating the product and as far as I am aware have no intention of changing it so that you can use an LED.
If I am wrong then I will hold my hands up.
But please dont come and post here say on a professional forum.
Maybe you should check your facts before scaremongering.
Groupon have nothing to do with product or stock that people use.
Nail professionals who have issues with shellac are either not trained in the correct application or prep steps, not using the full system IE different UV Lamp, not shaking their products before applying, haven't brought their stock from authorised distributors etc etc.
Clients who experience problems are either those who dont follow their aftercare or are those who are not suitable for the product, which is down to the nail professional to determine at consultation.
And im sorry but LED are the future???, maybe if they can design a lamp that can have the bulbs replaced when they burn out but until that happens every time your LED runs out thats it kaput and you have to buy a new lamp, that doesn't sound like the future to me that sounds like a waste of money.
Jen

so u dont have 2 replace uv lights.... any lamp needs replacing. at the end of the day i was just googling a new product i was trying and come across this site. joined and see this thread, as i said not hearsay in what ive heard again fact. so just thought i would pass on information, if i knew how much of a band wagon u would all jump on, believe me i wouldnt have mentioned it. as for the groupon thing, i didnt realise she set the thing up herself, thought groupon done this through shellac itself, hence why i said maybe thats why they have done the offer...... 2 me a good product dont need 2 have offers.... a good technician definitely shouldnt....

so u dont have 2 replace uv lights.... any lamp needs replacing.
Um NO.
You just replace the bulbs when they need replacing, lot cheaper than replacing the whole LED lamp I think you will agree.
Jen
xx

I have seen nothing but problems from Groupon. These clients will not be loyal...they only shop around for the next deal. Groupon talks a good talk to business owners, but I for one have lost money. Just a warning to others who are thinking of trying Groupon to build business! An added note...Groupon users are POOR tippers!

so u dont have 2 replace uv lights.... any lamp needs replacing. at the end of the day i was just googling a new product i was trying and come across this site. joined and see this thread, as i said not hearsay in what ive heard again fact. so just thought i would pass on information, if i knew how much of a band wagon u would all jump on, believe me i wouldnt have mentioned it. as for the groupon thing, i didnt realise she set the thing up herself, thought groupon done this through shellac itself, hence why i said maybe thats why they have done the offer...... 2 me a good product dont need 2 have offers.... a good technician definitely shouldnt....

I don't think any of us are on a band wagon ,
But many of us have been using CND's Shellac from the start ,
Many of us ( who have had the training ) don't have a problem with the formula quite the opposite ! We have seen amazing sucsess and alot of our business have gone from strength to strength because of it right through the resection when other industrys wear failing.

The techs that have problems are Normaly having them for the reasons that Jen said or because the client is not following home care or messing,

Shellac IS a very different product a "fusion " of it's own .
(@ JEN ;) ) diffrent from the gel polishes that are around and it needs to be treated differently !

But you said your self you don't use it so you wouldn't know this ?

With 11 years experience in nails it would be fab if you could contribute some of what you know here on the site and share with others

but like everyone else here some times you might also learn some things that are new to you!

That's what this site is all about education :)

Gossip girl x0x0 PMSL

I don't think any of us are on a band wagon ,
But many of us have been using CND's Shellac from the start ,
Many of us ( who have had the training ) don't have a problem with the formula quite the opposite ! We have seen amazing sucsess and alot of our business have gone from strength to strength because of it right through the resection when other industrys wear failing.

The techs that have problems are Normaly having them for the reasons that Jen said or because the client is not following home care or messing,

Shellac IS a very different product a "fusion " of it's own .
(@ JEN ;) ) diffrent from the gel polishes that are around and it needs to be treated differently !

But you said your self you don't use it so you wouldn't know this ?

With 11 years experience in nails it would be fab if you could contribute some of what you know here on the site and share with others

but like everyone else here some times you might also learn some things that are new to you!

That's what this site is all about education :)

Gossip girl x0x0 PMSL

Beautifully worded!

I tell them to take it up with groupon.End of.For the amount i get out of it....and lack of re bookings my customer service level is hitting a all time low with these clients now.it shouldnt be the way it is...but thats how its made me feel....:cry:

Don't beat yourself up, it's happening everywhere. The only one who wins out of these deals is Groupon.

The businesses are giving away services and products for nothing on customers who will not return, but will wait for the next deal.

The customers are getting reduced levels of service by the disgruntled businesses in return.

All Groupon has to do is sit pretty and watch the money come in.

There is a lot i could add....but i wont..because my post was about GROUPON ....NOT shellac as such.

BUT I MUST POINT OUT....AGAIN....because reading a few comments it would appear some havent noted this....

I done Groupon as an experiment as i had heard so many success stories.

It was poorly planned...i HOLD UP my hands.

I DIDNT need to do a groupon,my diary is already bursting at the seams....AGAIN poorly planned on my part. I didnt have much say on WHEN to do the promotion..in fact groupon called the DAY BEFORE IT WENT LIVE...

So for all the people that are assuming i must be c**p otherwise i wouldnt of done a groupon i ask you this....WHEN IS YOUR NEXT AVAILABLE APPOINTMENT?????

BECAUSE MINE IS BEGINNING OF DECEMBER.....go figure who is so flaming good now!lol lol pmsl

Yet again another thread deviates from the topic and degenerates into something which is unpleasant to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back