(Groupon)clients complaining about Shellac??BUT ALL my other shellac clients DON'T?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

louisenewell

Reaction score
I think i may be going mad...as i am a little baffled.

I done a groupon offer recently with shellac...stupid me,i know....which was a really really amazing CHEAP offer. I have struggled to fir these clients in alongside my already full appointment book BUT thats another story.

Anyway....I have had a small handful of GROUPON clients complain.Complaining that the Shellac has separated from the nail,flaked or lifted.

Why is it i have REGULAR clients ,who can stretch a "Red Baroness" shellac out for FOUR WEEKS WITHOUT a single chip...and other clients that are in regular FOR A RE-SHELLAC and are over the moon with it.

I am normally very confident with my work and trust shellac 110% to do what it says on the bottle,as i use the full system and the same procedure for EVERY SINGLE CLIENT.... whether they are a groupon client or they are paying full price.

Also i am never amazed when i get this type of complaint from certain customers...as with some of them i get this gut instinct that they are going to be "trouble" and low and behold a few days later that client i have a "gut" about complains.

Surely if i am checking the condition of their nails are suitable first,and following the same procedure with these clients as i do with ALL my regular shellac ladies...why i am now getting complaints.

I HAVE BEEN OFFERING SHELLAC SINCE JULY 2010 AND THESE ARE THE FIRST COMPLAINTS I HAVE EVER HAD.

So baffled ,as i said earlier,i have regular shellac clients who have never ever had a problem.

why did you do a groupon if you're already full?

i have heard that yes, some deal voucher clients can be tricky. do you send them home with aftercare sheets? are they coming back in to have their nails fixed, or just calling and complaining without showing?

I find in general people who go for 'deals' are the ones who want something for nothing so are habitual complainers! Nothing to do with your service, just their attitude. Did they all follow aftercare advice? Another thing you find is that people who get things for free or cheap don't value them as much so won't take as much care, could be a bit of both. xxx

They are probably looking for a refund ... it's not enough that they want it stupidly cheap.

Another thing you find is that people who get things for free or cheap don't value them as much so won't take as much care, could be a bit of both. xxx

agreed. i did a brisa set including soak off NSS nails and severe reconstruction on someone with a shellac pedi, all as a gift (stupid), and she ripped off all her gels. i almost hit the roof.

why did you do a groupon if you're already full?

Because i am THICK...lol....fact.
I had heard some good reports and wanted to try it out.Groupon kinda took control and dictated when i did the offer.I had room for about two groupon clients a day....the whole experience has been a nightmare.

and YES i agree..a client paying full price treasures her nails more than one out for an offer.

I just find it SO SPOOKY that only my groupon clients are texting me with complaints and ALL my regular shellac ladies are in as regular as clockwork with perfect nails....

Its just starting to batter my shellac confidence a little...and i am now stupidly questioning myself when i know full well and do the same standard shellac on everyone

Perhaps the groupon clients aren't used to looking after their nails properly, especially if it is the first time having had a product like Shellac on. Maybe those clients aren't the type to have Shellac or their nails done if its not at a discounted price.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep on it as the majority of your clients who pay full price don't have issues. Those that have problems are obviously not following proper aftercare.

I wonder if it's because things like Groupon tempt people into trying things they wouldn't normally afford or think of trying. In turn that means they might not normally take as much care of their nails and maybe aren't used to having to keep in mind if you open a can of beans using your nails to lever the ring pull it may very well chip your Shellac. Xx

Perhaps the groupon clients aren't used to looking after their nails properly, especially if it is the first time having had a product like Shellac on. Maybe those clients aren't the type to have Shellac or their nails done if its not at a discounted price.

Looks like we were thinking the same and typing at the same time! :lol: x

I agree with all the others here - your Groupon customers are quite likely getting their nails done properly for the first time in their life, or at least the first time recently, and don't know how to value it or take care of it. They are not likely to already be regular clients at any salon or know much about how to make Shellac last. I doubt you did anything differently, it's just a different customer base. I've yet to hear anything good about long-term results from this sort of promotion, as it attracts people who are like butterflies and will flutter off to whatever offer next takes their fancy when they are done with yours.

I think we are correct in calling them Groupon customers for that is what they are. They have a big following now of people who will not pay full price for anything. They will travel miles for a bargain and, as said before, will not look after their nails because they didn't pay enough for them. They will read the 2 week non chip thing and think they are indistructable.

You need to put this down to a lesson learned and step away from the Groupons of this world! :D

I did a deal on Kelkoo Select for my eyelash extensions and had the same experience as you. They were complaing they didn't last long etc, but when I asked them to come in and show me they weren't willing - makes me think they were just after a refund.
When all my other clients are perfectly happy with my work and services, I just put it down to the deal people being awkward.
You shouldn't let it bother you... I haven't! :D

It's the something for nothing brigade. They want to spend their thruppence over and over again. Ignore, be rude, tell them to go bother someone else.

Thanks Geeks...your replies have cheered me up.

The whole groupon thing was an experiment for me...and i learned.

well...the few bookings i have got left in my diary are going to get a text with some lame excuse...and they will have to go back to groupon for a refund...like all the ones i couldnt fit in.

Now i just need to think of an excuse....???lol

That they are cheapskate idiots and you cant be arsed?

As a matter of interest, what happens if someone does want a refund? They would want a full refund yet you only get around half of the fee so what happens then? :wink2:

I find in general people who go for 'deals' are the ones who want something for nothing so are habitual complainers! Nothing to do with your service, just their attitude. Did they all follow aftercare advice? Another thing you find is that people who get things for free or cheap don't value them as much so won't take as much care, could be a bit of both. xxx

Snap for spray tanning actually - if I run offers I find they find it easier to moan a little. I think clients tend to follow aftercare and advice if they value the service the pay for.

As a matter of interest, what happens if someone does want a refund? They would want a full refund yet you only get around half of the fee so what happens then? :wink2:

They'd need to be directed back to Groupon & they would have to refund them the money.
The merchant would still get paid their half.
Most of the time Groupon offer them 'Groupon Vouchers' to spend on another deal.

i was gonna try shellac but a client who works at the wholesalers told me not 2 as they have had loads of returns on it, they r changing formula so having a few hicups, she said most companies are changing there gel 2 b cured by led lamps so having a few teething problems, this mayb why groupon done the offer 2 sell old stock??? im jus guessing at that tho. i went for gellux instead, only been trying it from thursday but mainly using for a top coat ova acrylics for a good shine, so far ok but watch this space..... hope thats some help.

i was gonna try shellac but a client who works at the wholesalers told me not 2 as they have had loads of returns on it, they r changing formula so having a few hicups, she said most companies are changing there gel 2 b cured by led lamps so having a few teething problems, this mayb why groupon done the offer 2 sell old stock??? im jus guessing at that tho. i went for gellux instead, only been trying it from thursday but mainly using for a top coat ova acrylics for a good shine, so far ok but watch this space..... hope thats some help.

Let me get this right - you're saying that a client of yours works for S2 or one of their Academys or Ellisons? And that they have had lots of Shellac returned and are therefore changing the formula so it can be cured by LED instead of UV Light?

Seriously?

Groupon doesn't supply the stock that you use for the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back