(Groupon)clients complaining about Shellac??BUT ALL my other shellac clients DON'T?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not shellac there self just a supplier, dont get me wrong i was gonna try it.... just passing on information i heard. people returning the product cant be wrong... surely..... just a suggestion that mayb why the product is chipping or peeling or staying soft. most companies r trying 2 use a led system now so re formulating products.... fact

Chipping of Shellac is usually down to the application or something that the clients has done, not the actual product. It had 5 years in the making (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so any issues would have been sorted before it was launched.

I can't say I've seen anything on here where people have mentioned Shellac being returned / faulty batches etc.

not shellac there self just a supplier, dont get me wrong i was gonna try it.... just passing on information i heard. people returning the product cant be wrong... surely..... just a suggestion that mayb why the product is chipping or peeling or staying soft. most companies r trying 2 use a led system now so re formulating products.... fact

This is why hear say is dangerous thing , and now spreading the whispers keeps it going , I think it would be wise to ask S2 or CND and not listen to someone at a whole salers who was probably trying to sell you what they have and not let you go else where for something else?

This is why hear say is dangerous thing , and now spreading the whispers keeps it going , I think it would be wise to ask S2 or CND and not listen to someone at a whole salers who was probably trying to sell you what they have and not let you go else where for something else?

You said it much better than I did! I didn't want to get accused of telling a newbie off!

You said it much better than I did! I didn't want to get accused of telling a newbie off!

I probably will get told off , i am sometimes scared to post lately But it has to be said,

lots of people read salon geek that are not professionals ,

you only need to take a look at purse stings web site and the way our information on threads here get repeated on there there DIY shellac/ gel polish threads to see how a bit of miss information can spread like wild fire ...

Chipping of Shellac is usually down to the application or something that the clients has done, not the actual product. It had 5 years in the making (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so any issues would have been sorted before it was launched.

I can't say I've seen anything on here where people have mentioned Shellac being returned / faulty batches etc.

As per my FIRST two posts starting this thread.....all my "REGULAR" SHELLACS ARE JUST THAT....REGULAR...RETURNING FOR RE SHELLACS with no problems at all....oops caps sorry.....

What i was trying to open this thread about was....why are my only complaints from groupon clients,dont you think its odd...not about faulty shellacs...well off topic...lol

I probably will get told off , i am sometimes scared to post lately But it has to be said,

Woo hoo...get ready for the hate mail Ceri.....we both been a bit brave today posting on here...lol

As a matter of interest, what happens if someone does want a refund? They would want a full refund yet you only get around half of the fee so what happens then? :wink2:

I tell them to take it up with groupon.End of.For the amount i get out of it....and lack of re bookings my customer service level is hitting a all time low with these clients now.it shouldnt be the way it is...but thats how its made me feel....:cry:

you only need to take a look at purse stings web site and the way our information on threads here get repeated on there there DIY shellac/ gel polish threads to see how a bit of miss information can spread like wild fire ...

It is funny how it only takes one person to turn a thread the wrong way, having everyone question what they're doing or where their information comes from and who they trust in the industry.

In answer to the OPs question, it's like if you give friends and family a dscounted price for something. In my experience, they never care for things as much as they would if they paid full price.

Woo hoo...get ready for the hate mail Ceri.....we both been a bit brave today posting on here...lol

As i tell my kids Louise ,
Sticks and stones :)

As for the groupon issues did they all buy solar oil from you? No ? Oh well they didn't follow the recommended aftercare!

As Dawn said there cheap! X

As per my FIRST two posts starting this thread.....all my "REGULAR" SHELLACS ARE JUST THAT....REGULAR...RETURNING FOR RE SHELLACS with no problems at all....oops caps sorry.....

What i was trying to open this thread about was....why are my only complaints from groupon clients,dont you think its odd...not about faulty shellacs...well off topic...lol

Apologies, I posted that reply in response to Sarah*Jane's post. Not questionning your application.

It's obviously not you if you don't have a problem with anyone else.

Sounds to me that Groupon customers have figured out that they can get a cheap treatment, then say its faulty and get a full refund...........crafty..:(

don't be scared! you said it really well.

As i tell my kids Louise ,
Sticks and stones :)

As for the groupon issues did they all buy solar oil from you? No ? Oh well they didn't follow the recommended aftercare!

As Dawn said there cheap! X

I'm kinda funny like that... I never ASK if they want a mini solar oil. I go "and this is the solar oil which will help keep your Shellac on, do you want it in a bag?" and they never bat an eye. lol!!!!

If they don't purchase it, I flat out say that I can't guarantee the integrity. These are usually my "cheapie" clients.

this whole thread is making me uneasy though. i'm doing a deal at the end of september, and hoping it goes well. not with groupon though. the company i am doing it with has been extremely helpful and actually negotiated my percentage since i'm a new salon, which i really appreciated.

Can I add, I'm a qualified beautician and also run my own mobile beauty business.
I'm also a groupon customer, I'm not someone who complains or a cheapskate idiot.
We all like a bargain time to time. It doesn't make us cheap idiots does it? I'm sure you've all shopped in the sales etc haven't you?
I'm looking at changing to Shellac and accept not every customer is perfect (if only)
But they are all paying customers and we're all here to enjoy what we do and make money?
Don't bother with groupon, KGB deals etc if you think the poss clients are idiots!!!
I think some of the comments on here are very naive and silly.

haha u lot crack me up! no hate mail from me darlings. ive been doing nails for 11 years. this aint hearsay, this is fact. a friend of mine uses shellac has had the same problem. the case of formula changing is also fact. just maybe ladies u should look into the product your using..... i love the fact u have all jumped on your high horse!! anyway the lady selling at the wholesales was not a REP... ooppps cap lock.... so she wouldnt try & sell something else, as the product i got was less than shellac.... anyway was just passing on something i thought was useful. maybe u should all use that thing called "google" led lamps are a thing of the future but surely all being such no it alls u would really no this???? have a nice evening gossip girls....

Sarah Jane- well said. LOL :)

So many threads are being closed now, what a shame it is things have to turn out this way!....:sad:

i recently had shellec- it lasted 4 days then started to crack and chip- it wasnt the T's bad application. it wasnt because i didnt wear gloves, soaked my hands in water, or used my nails as tools- it was because of the medication i was on...
i believe medication can play a big part in how long nails last?

haha u lot crack me up! no hate mail from me darlings. ive been doing nails for 11 years. this aint hearsay, this is fact. a friend of mine uses shellac has had the same problem. the case of formula changing is also fact. just maybe ladies u should look into the product your using..... i love the fact u have all jumped on your high horse!! anyway the lady selling at the wholesales was not a REP... ooppps cap lock.... so she wouldnt try & sell something else, as the product i got was less than shellac.... anyway was just passing on something i thought was useful. maybe u should all use that thing called "google" led lamps are a thing of the future but surely all being such no it alls u would really no this???? have a nice evening gossip girls....

Wasn't you I thought I would get mail from ;) lol

Your friend is having problems ... Ok ? I dont understand the fact ?

And i Don't need to google LED lights , they are NOT a thing of the future they are here NOW ! Lol
I use one daily to cure Gelish with!
I also use a CND lamp for my shellac treatments....
Both the CND lamp and the LED lamp are emitting UV light ,

But as Shellac is formulated to work with the CND light why would I play scientist ? And go against what is advised By the real scientists ?
No matter how long someone has been a tech They still can not see UV light,

Gossip girl X0X0

I have used groupon in my salon.
70% ok
the rest have been rude, trying to book out of expiry date which includes terrible/rude attitude to my staff, some just coming for a cheap deal, when cant get in with 1 day notice=so rude,
but to be fair some clienys have returned and become part of our salon.
Just to let u know if they arent happy by a small amount, groupon will refund them no loss to your percentage it coms from groupons money.
some are just out for a good old moan and refund knowing groupon will refund straight away!
dont you loose for these moaners, let groupon take it, after all they take enough, good luck xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back