Guitar Nail Strengthening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAIL FRENZY

Reaction score
I just wondered if many of you get much call for this? I have read a few articles on the net recently about guitarists having their nails strengthened for use instead of a plec! I wish I could find one particular article where a guitarist is going in to real detail about how to get the right application for various sounds etc.

Hopefully this is the thread you are looking for:

Guitar players are doing their own nails... (
multipage.gif
1 2)
1999judy

I have three boys who get their playing fingers enhanced..
Steel on steel is the sound some are after.. and i have been searching and found some pretty usefull nail sheilds that can be placed on with a drill.. i have yet to try them though.. they are actually happy with the sound acrylic makes on the strings..

the whole make up of the nail must be different.. you want thicker application in zones 1 and 2.. and your apex must be spot on. formation tips work the best.. sculpting them hasnt worked for me yet.. i can pm you some details if you like about my application routine.. and prep as this is where longevity fits in.. also finishing.. as the shape is for performance not beauty.

I have three boys who get their playing fingers enhanced..
Steel on steel is the sound some are after.. and i have been searching and found some pretty usefull nail sheilds that can be placed on with a drill.. i have yet to try them though.. they are actually happy with the sound acrylic makes on the strings..

the whole make up of the nail must be different.. you want thicker application in zones 1 and 2.. and your apex must be spot on. formation tips work the best.. sculpting them hasnt worked for me yet.. i can pm you some details if you like about my application routine.. and prep as this is where longevity fits in.. also finishing.. as the shape is for performance not beauty.

That would be great if you would'nt mind, both my sons are in to music and know a lot of guitarists, so it could mean more income for me. I would imagine that they prefer a matt finish aswell as its more about the strength than the appearance?

That would be great if you would'nt mind, both my sons are in to music and know a lot of guitarists, so it could mean more income for me. I would imagine that they prefer a matt finish aswell as its more about the strength than the appearance?

i put up flyers in music shops.. thats how i got my players.. and i charge by the nail.
one of my boys has black L&P tips.. the other prefer natural finish no top coat.
its 4 in the morning here.. so i will forward my notes in the next couple days.. i have trialed and error'd the process so see if any of it helps.

Thanks thats great, I did'nt realise about the time difference, surely you should be tucked up in bed now! Have a good sleep. :zzz:

i should and was tucked up.. but my fella is out on the town still and i woke up with an awfull feeling something was missing.. realised it was him so figured.. hey why not geek a bit!
if he can have his fun i shall have mine! lol

Latest posts

Back