Guy wanting advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Takeabow

Reaction score
Hi. Hope you don't mind me posting here, as I'm not in the industry, just a customer of the industry.

Anyway, a few years ago I found a salon near where I lived in London that was more than happy to do my nails for me on a regular basis. However, recently I moved up to south Manchester, and I've not yet managed to find a salon whereby I feel comfortable and don't feel like I'm being judged. I currently live in Altrincham, and not found too many places around here, so thought about the possibility of finding a mobile beautician. That was something that I looked into when I lived down in London, but because I'm a guy, the nail techs didn't feel comfortable in coming out to my home (which I completely understand) and instead asked for me to visit them.

So was wondering if anyone hear knew of either any salons in and around the Altrincham area and/or knew of any mobile beauticians that they could recommend.

Thank you in advance

Steve

Hi. Hope you don't mind me posting here, as I'm not in the industry, just a customer of the industry.

Anyway, a few years ago I found a salon near where I lived in London that was more than happy to do my nails for me on a regular basis. However, recently I moved up to south Manchester, and I've not yet managed to find a salon whereby I feel comfortable and don't feel like I'm being judged. I currently live in Altrincham, and not found too many places around here, so thought about the possibility of finding a mobile beautician. That was something that I looked into when I lived down in London, but because I'm a guy, the nail techs didn't feel comfortable in coming out to my home (which I completely understand) and instead asked for me to visit them.

So was wondering if anyone hear knew of either any salons in and around the Altrincham area and/or knew of any mobile beauticians that they could recommend.

Thank you in advance

Steve

Hi steve, that is so sad that you would be made to feel like that!

I live in eccles and i do acrylic nails with tips and i am in the process of learning gel.

What is it that you want doing to ur nails? I work from home at the min and do nails in my area has i can not drive yet :/ (cost too much to learn)

I am so sorry u have been treated this way. if i could do ur nails hun i would.

clare x

I have a friend who has a salon in Altrincham, her geeky name is Joe90, you could try sending her a pm. Don't think she's the judgemental sort.

Hi steve, that is so sad that you would be made to feel like that!

I live in eccles and i do acrylic nails with tips and i am in the process of learning gel.

What is it that you want doing to ur nails? I work from home at the min and do nails in my area has i can not drive yet :/ (cost too much to learn)

I am so sorry u have been treated this way. if i could do ur nails hun i would.

clare x

Hi Clare. Thanks for your reply. Although Eccles isn't too far away, I don't own a car. Kinda ironic really considering my father is a driving instructor! And you're right, it is just so expensive to take driving lessons nowadays.

So far I've only tried two salons in Altrincham, the first I walked into to book an appointment, and the two staff in the salon at that moment laughed at me. They did do my nails, but it was a really uncomfortable experience and I couldn't wait for it to be over. It's a shame because they did do a good job, but no way would I want to go back there and give them my money again. The second one I phoned up and they flat out refused, saying they don't provide the service for men. I haven't tried any other salon yet, hence why I thought I'd write a post here asking for advice.

I'd want nail extensions, preferably finished with a french tip, although have tried different colours other than white. I've had both acryllic and gel done in the past, and haven't had any problems with either.

Anyway, once again thank you for your reply.

All the best
Steve x

I have a friend who has a salon in Altrincham, her geeky name is Joe90, you could try sending her a pm. Don't think she's the judgemental sort.

Thanks for your reply Zo Zo. I really appreciate it. I will send Joe90 a pm and see how it goes.

Steve x

Latest posts

Back