Had to close salon!!! Smell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayevix

Reaction score
So... Today has been a complete nightmare and its not even 1:30.

The street were on has had sewerage problems and we found out this mornin the manhole is right in the middle of my salon.

So without any notice,
in they came and opened said manhole, what a stink!!

Iv had to cancel my clients all day, and may have to do the same tomorrow if the smell hasnt gone!!

Does anybody know if i can do anything?

Loss of earnings wise? Also its the clientele, im hoping i havent lost anyone, but... All i can do is appologise x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hope you realise, you can get compensation from your council for this interruption via loss of earnings. (if they have given everyone notice then you cant) hths xoxo

Hope you realise, you can get compensation from your council for this interruption via loss of earnings. (if they have given everyone notice then you cant) hths xoxo

Yes I'd contact council for loss of two days work (they might not give u much and it may take a while but it will be worth it) good luck!! By some plug in fresheners ; )) xx

Hi ladies, thanks for your replys.
It wasnt the council, it was caused by the man who rents out the property above x

So... Today has been a complete nightmare and its not even 1:30.

The street were on has had sewerage problems and we found out this mornin the manhole is right in the middle of my salon.

So without any notice,
in they came and opened said manhole, what a stink!!

Iv had to cancel my clients all day, and may have to do the same tomorrow if the smell hasnt gone!!

Does anybody know if i can do anything?

Loss of earnings wise? Also its the clientele, im hoping i havent lost anyone, but... All i can do is appologise x

Is it even legal to have a sewerage manhole in the middle of the building? I'd check with Council - what happens if it's an ongoing issue.

Hmmm i will, thanks x

Hope you get it all sorted out. Burn some scented candles as well, also I like the air neutroliser sprays (cant stand the air freshner ones) the are not overpowering and really work.

Annie xx
Annie

sorry to hear about that,must have been a nightmare,im having a sort of similar problem at the moment,major water leak under the property.So i found out that my business insurance may pay me for business interuption.Why not give yours a call and see.
In the meantime maybe do a few home visits if you can,even if its just cuts and blowdries.
Hope this helps and good luck xxxx:p

Latest posts

Back