Hair colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelly100

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for reading ;0)

I have a new client to do next Saturday. She has been colouring her own hair with just a shop box colour. She doesn't take it through to the ends every time, thank goodness, so it's not really dark or built up. She has about 2 inches of regrowth. She wants to go lighter with hilights.

Her regrowth is around a base 6 with 30% white, her mids and ends are about a base 5/6 warm brown.

I am thinking that I will need to weave in some colour match to the mids and ends, to blend away the regrowth from that colour, along with weaving in some bleach (tint won't touch it), but the bleach will obviously develop to a different colour on the natural hair that is the regrowth....

So shall I put two different colours in one meche, or just bleach roots to ends and then tone at the end? It's a full head hilights.

Any advice will be much appreciated, it's hard not working on a salon and having the girls (and boys!) to bounce ideas off of.

Thanks.

Have you done a test cutting to see how it will lift?
If your using 2 different bleach mixes put a little sticker on one of the bowls so you don't get confused x

Yea I have some of her hair to test. Thanks for your reply x

id do a bleach bath to release some of the dark through the ends first and then slightly lift the roots to even the colour, rinse apply a ph balancing treatment, rinse dry, put full head foils in with a really low strength developer through roots and then abit stronger on ends. put a quasi in between then tone foils after.

just so youve got the base to a lovely even rich even brown cause i think lighter foils looks awful on too dark of a base :) and you havent got the struggle of lifting through another permanent next time :)

id do a bleach bath to release some of the dark through the ends first and then slightly lift the roots to even the colour, rinse apply a ph balancing treatment, rinse dry, put full head foils in with a really low strength developer through roots and then abit stronger on ends. put a quasi in between then tone foils after.

just so youve got the base to a lovely even rich even brown cause i think lighter foils looks awful on too dark of a base :) and you havent got the struggle of lifting through another permanent next time :)

Ditto! X

Latest posts

Back