Hair dye allergy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan27

Reaction score
hi geeks,

i had my hair bleach blonde for 2 years, and recently coloured it to a base 5, about 2 days after my eyes were swollen when i woke up, and i put it down to using a new eye cream...

i then coloured it again a week later as it had faded so much, my eye's were swollen again, i called the doctor and she said i must have got something in my eye, and gave me cream etc,

on monday i coloured my hair again with a 4, and my eyes were swollen on tuesday, however, i also started using the eye cream again on monday night, so assumed it was that...

but i did two colours yesterday for my auntie and her daughter, and today my eyes have swollen, i would have assumed it was an allergy to the colour, as my neck has been itchy yesterday and today, but i was wearing gloves etc,

do you think this sounds like a hair colour allergy? i dont understand why its jsut my eyes that are swelling, but of course i will call the doc on tuesday when they re-open, but i want to make sure they dont swell again before then, and my mum wants her colour done tommorrow,

sorry if that doesnt make sense!

and thankyou to anyone who replies :)

hi geeks,

i had my hair bleach blonde for 2 years, and recently coloured it to a base 5, about 2 days after my eyes were swollen when i woke up, and i put it down to using a new eye cream...

i then coloured it again a week later as it had faded so much, my eye's were swollen again, i called the doctor and she said i must have got something in my eye, and gave me cream etc,

on monday i coloured my hair again with a 4, and my eyes were swollen on tuesday, however, i also started using the eye cream again on monday night, so assumed it was that...

but i did two colours yesterday for my auntie and her daughter, and today my eyes have swollen, i would have assumed it was an allergy to the colour, as my neck has been itchy yesterday and today, but i was wearing gloves etc,

do you think this sounds like a hair colour allergy? i dont understand why its jsut my eyes that are swelling, but of course i will call the doc on tuesday when they re-open, but i want to make sure they dont swell again before then, and my mum wants her colour done tommorrow,

sorry if that doesnt make sense!

and thankyou to anyone who replies :)

Hi, sounds like you have allergies!... do be careful as anaphylactic shock can occur and be very dangerous , do stay away from colour
and rubber latex gloves as you may have taken them off and rubbed your eyes
but ..... first you need to find out what it is , it could even be both!...
so please don't risk your health ,
go to the GPs surgery and ask for allergy tests !...
or Google Allergy UK they do proper allergy testing and advice too
here is a link :)
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...lpline&usg=AFQjCNHg7rPVu7Od98R285j_kI79xwJrvw

thankyou minky!

it really hadnt occured to me that it could be caused by the tint, the gloves are latex free, i think it must be the colour, as its too much of a coincidence with the tint....

i will defiently stay away from it! cant risk a worse recation,

i dont even use colour that much now, so not a huge problem. except my own hair.....but il live without it, haha!

will defiently go to the gp and ask for tests, and thankyou again!

:) x

you dont use nail varnish do you , i seem to remember that allergies to nail varnish result in eye problems - otherwise , you could have punched you+rself in your sleep , ive done it called in sick went to the doc-so embarassing , oherwise id go to docs see what he has to say ,could be anything .

i havent used nail varnish in about 6 weeks as im not allowed it on for college,

i coloured my aunts hair on sat, and then on sunday my eyes were swollen, its the only possibl thing i can think of, as everytime i touch tint or colour my hair my eyes are swollen the next day...

i hope its just a coincidence though, i am going to call gp tommorrow :)

thankyou liana! :)

bleach doesnt contain para dyes thats why you have been ok whilst having bleach on your hair...of course tint does so that your obviousley sensitive to it, allergies can appear in different ways..eyes itch and swell, skin rash etc everyone is different on how an allergy appears.it could get worse but probably wont improve once you have developed an allergy it usually stays ..see your gp but piriton is good to reduce the symptoms for now...
the darker the tint the more para dyes...so base 10 not to bad...base one has the most hence why we do skin tests with 1.0
hth

thankyou joanne!

do you think semi's will be ok?

:)

quasis still have paradyes in

yeah, i wouldnt use a quasi, but do semi's have them? like the ones that dont need mxing with peroxide?

hey alan!!! ive always been told at college semi's done have paradyes only quasi's,permanant

x

thanks lois!

i will try them next time :)

my eyes have been fine sinc ei last coloure dmy aunts hair, so its defiently the tint.

:)

yep best to be safe hun :)

glad your eyes are fine now though,u at college? lol

x

i was this morning for an hour, for an assessment, then jsut finished a photoshoot with my friend!

done all her makeup and went to a frest to do an autumn look! :)

Latest posts

Back