Hair dye for grey hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flip

Reaction score
Hi there, newbie here!

I've taken a new career path since hairdressing, although I still cut and colour family and friend's hair.

My Mum currently has short, dark grey hair and is looking to add some warmth to it. She used to be platinum blonde, but is wanting to use a Demi-permanent dye, as opposed to using bleach as a few years ago she had a reaction.

Can anyone suggest a good Demi-permanent dye, that blends grey hair nicely?
I'm thinking warm beiges blondes, with perhaps highlights/lowlights?

Thanks in advance :)

I was taught that only permanent colours will effectively colour over grey hair but someone else might come along with a different answer.

I use wella and the double bases in koleston are for greys x

I use wella and the double bases in koleston are for greys x

Double bases are resistant gray hair. U can use the normal bases on grey too.

If u want to blend the grey but not completed get rid you could use colour touch plus, this blends up to 70% of grey hair

Dia richesse!!! Will cover up to 70% grey when used with 15 developer. An 8.3 or 7.32 with a bit of 8 would be beautiful. Going to sound strange but I think it's nice to have a few grey hairs so maybe bring it down to 9 developer for 30% coverage x plus the shine you get from these Demis are totally amazing

I'd do full head foils using platinium and 20 vol to lift out some of her natural depth and crispen things up alternate with INOA supreme 9.13 and then flood with your richesse

Wow! What speedy replies! Thanks for the advice guys. I agree with keeping a little of the grey, it's actually a nice shade! I just think she'd like a little change with some added warmth :) x

Latest posts

Back