Hair extension and how it feels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsasix

Reaction score
Ok then ....I've been fitting clients for a while and I was quiet jelous so last night I fitted a full head of Balmain prebonds to myself...gotta say I did a good job lol but my life I couldn't sleep last night ...felt like I was sleeping on a bunch of pebbles lol...is this normal dont want to ask clients woundnt want to turn them off ...and any advice of product to put on because they seem quite dry ( yet another experiment of colouring them) thanks for reading my silly question x

Yer the 1st night is the worst then your hair gets used to it! X

Thought so ...I've got correct aftercare but still quite dry

Ok then ....I've been fitting clients for a while and I was quiet jelous so last night I fitted a full head of Balmain prebonds to myself...gotta say I did a good job lol but my life I couldn't sleep last night ...felt like I was sleeping on a bunch of pebbles lol...is this normal dont want to ask clients woundnt want to turn them off ...and any advice of product to put on because they seem quite dry ( yet another experiment of colouring them) thanks for reading my silly question x

If you fitted them yourself can you get someone to check them and make sure you've not trapped tiny hairs in the bonds.
Do you specialize in yoga? How else did you manage to fit pre bonds to yourself? x

Hiya I fitted my own once..... My arms ached after as it's so hard doing the back rows! Needless to say I had a few cross hairs which felt uncomfortable. Once you've slept in them a couple times and also brushed them thoroughly the pain should subside.

Also when your rolling the bonds it's the angle that isn't quite the same as doing a clients hair. My guess is they are probably standing out more than lying in the same direction as the hair as its impossible to get this right doing the back of your own head!

Once again though this will subside as they grow a cm or so! I just use another extensionists now we buy our own hair and do it for a discounted fitting charge or just do a service swap. Sure someone in your area will be willing to do this x

Hi all sorry for late reply had a scissor incident ....I had the help of my daughter she put the gun on the bond to melt...its bloody hard work and I wouldn't recomend it lol....I've taken them out yesterday simply for the fact of the little hairs stuck to the glue and I also could nit stop picking at them.....it's good though to experience them so I know hoe and what my clients feel like and what they do with them....I absolutely loved them but would get someone to fit them next time x

omg the 1st night is awful i hardly slept lol i did my own last week i love them! was def hard work tho haha but i quite enjoyed it

Had mine put in Saturday, done my sisters 3months ago, and had to ask her was it normal to itch this much, not as bad now lol :) x

I really don't understand how you dare doing your own hair extensions!. I would never and I have lots of experience of extensions. I just feel that from my knowledge how can I do a good job when I can't see properly. In my opinion it kind of makes a mockery of what we do as it is like saying what we do you can basically do with your eyes closed and not looking properly!

From all I have learnt about the importance of correct placement and closing of the extensions I would not even attempt to do it. This can seriously damage your hair and there is no way however bendy and good you are that you can apply them as neat and good as someone sitting behind you could.

I want my hair extensions to look amazing it is one of my biggest adverts and therefore they need to be applied in the best possible way. If you cant even spend the money for someone to put them in professionally how can you expect others to?? Just saying.

Every new thing we learn we have to try new things and make our own mistakes...I did mine as an experiment as in re-colouring them different shades and too see how they feel....obv next time I'll spend a lot more money and would get them fitted unfortunately I've found noone in my area willing todo this ...even Balmain have tried to find someone in my area to no avail....and as I said I had plenty of help

Where are you based?

Every new thing we learn we have to try new things and make our own mistakes...I did mine as an experiment as in re-colouring them different shades and too see how they feel....obv next time I'll spend a lot more money and would get them fitted unfortunately I've found noone in my area willing todo this ...even Balmain have tried to find someone in my area to no avail....and as I said I had plenty of help

Good on you for experimenting! You've taken them out now so it's not like you have left them in to show all your clients because that could portray a bad image if you had Put a few in incorrectly, but it's part of our profession to try our stuff out, I wouldn't recommend a product without trying it. It costs me a bomb buying new stuff to try but I like to be able to sit with my client and say 'it smells like, it feels like, it's good for, It can do this and that for you'
I wouldn't dream of recommending a product or service I have not experimented with!x

I try everything I can't help myself...I used to have different hair weekly when working in the salon...now I'm mobile its more when I have time ...I've been to visit one of my Balmain clients today that's had her hair in for nearly 2 months and not one has fell out so I'm pretty pleased with my work :)

Latest posts

Back