Hair extension panic!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsasix

Reaction score
I did my first set of pre-bonded hair extensions 2 weeks ago ...I've been this morning to check them and one had fell out only this morning ,it was one of the micro extensions ....I'm having a panic now there all gonna come out ...I did say if anymore come out we will send them off too b checked ...she's using all the correct after care
Is this usual with the micros to come out easier??

I wouldn't worry about it.it's not unusual to loose a few strands. it could be something as simple as not clamping the ring tight enough on that one strand. Just out of curiosity where would you send them to be checked nd for what?

I use Balmain hair extensions so you can send them to them and they can give you a good explanation why they have fell out ..ie not good aftercare, picking at the glue,the way I've put them in x

Never heard of them doing that before. Can't see how they can tell how they have fell out jst by looking at them. I wouldn't worry though. X

They do tests on them to see what's been used on them also x

I wouldn't worry hun, these things happen.

That's only if the hair goes bad, they won't check if they've fallen out as that really is down to fitting. Do you mean micro rings or you've split the bonds to make micro bonds? If its the latter there is usually movement in those, but to be honest 1 in 2 weeks really isn't anything to worry about. I have clients who might loose 4 in 6 weeks or 30 in 6 weeks. Some get conditioner on the bonds, they pick them, one client suddenly lost loads and I put it down the the vitamins she was taking for her hair and nails, they made her hair silky smooth

Thank you for making me feel better ...I split the bonds she has fine hair I havnt stopped thinking about it all day x

Another message today 8 have now fell out!! Any advice x

I think it sounds as though you've split them down too far leaving not enough to create a properly sealed bond

The first microbead fitting I done, 15 fell out in a day. Oh yes.

The girl was my friend however so not so scary. She had came to me with really greasy hair, hadn't washed it or anything and it was caked with dry shampoo! Stupidly I fitted them anyway.

Sometimes people with greasy hair just aren't built for microbeads! I now insist on greasy haired clients getting keratin fusion, purely to lengthen the time they can keep their extensions in! xxx

I still wouldn't stress, your new to this. Just offer to put them back in for free. Make sure you seal the bond top and bottom. Is she a first time wearer?

Yes she is ...can u look after them too much as I think this is what she is doing....I don't fancy rebonding micro bonds I might just buy another pack and put those in x

Yes she is ...can u look after them too much as I think this is what she is doing....I don't fancy rebonding micro bonds I might just buy another pack and put those in x

Make sure she's keeping the conditioner away from the bonds. A classic sign is if the loss is at the sides, this is where they put conditioner on their hands and drag their hands through the sides to the extensions at the back. Re bonding 8 extensions isn't much

Sorry pressed send to early!

Rebonding 8 isn't much to do, and to be honest you've only just put them in so you don't need to rebond just heat up the bonds already there.

I'm just worried about the shedding when rebonding maybe I just worry to much lol....and I think your right about conditioner I will ask this x

I never thought about that ..thank u x

Latest posts

Back