Hair extension virgin!! Need advice from experts...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hidden Mandy

Reaction score
Hi ladies (and gents!!) I've popped over to hair to ask a very important question!!

I've finally decided to take the plunge and have hair extensions!! I've been wanting them for years but just never got round to it / was put off by cost / put off by 8 hours in the salon etc etc..............

Now I realise the cost is sooo worth it and I will no longer have to spend a whole day getting my hair done.

So the question I need an answer to is :- what type of extensions????

I have very fine dark brown poker straight hair which is past shoulder length.

I have always envied people with thick wavy locks and this is the kind of look I want to acheive, I'll probably add a couple of inches to the length also but its more about adding thickness and body to my limp flat hair!!

I had almost decided to go with weave in extensions and was recommended a very good salon to go to, but after a bit of research on t'internet kinda got the impression these could be a bit damaging to the hair.

So please hair extension experts, give me your expert advice, and even better if your near Manchester or Stockport, give me a quote (by pm of course!!) and hopefully you can do them for me!!!

Thanks, M xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not currently working in a salon ATM (I'm a mummy) but from my experience your hair will get damaged if fact my hair took a gd 5 years before it started to feel better I had bonds and a weave. The bonds cause pressure near the roots which weakens the hair and makes it more likely to snap & the weave is not suitable for fine hair! But at the same time hair extensions do look great so it depends on how you think you would feel dealing with the after damage? X

Hair extensions are not damaging to your hair if fitted and removed properly and professionally. If your hair is fine then it would probably be best to get fusion bonded but any reputable extensionist will assess your hair and be able to go through all the methods with you at your consultation. Hope that helps x

I have had loads of extensions fitted i prefer the micro loop these are the only one that havent damaged my hair as they are glue free. if you have soemone who is qualified in extensions and they are applied and removed properly then your hair should not get damaged x

Micro loops are not suitable for very fine hair, neither is a sewn in weave. Fine hair isn't normally strong enough to put up with the stress points. Fusion bonded would be a safer option x

Latest posts

Back