Hair extensionists- Options Ltd products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikinkibabyx

Reaction score
Hi,

I've ordered from options before and loved the products. I order as aftercare packs for my hair extension clients and about to place a new order ( second order and first in about 9 months ! )

My concern is when I had ran out of stock I would tell clients, or buy clients, sulfate free shampoo and conditioner, as I was taught when I qualified, and have done ever since! ( or so I thought ) as now when I've went onto options website I can see the ingredients of products and they contain sulfates!!

From website -

Our shampoo, conditioner and treatments coat, seal, help restore and add shine.
Hair extension shampoo:
After wetting the hair, apply a small amount of shampoo. Gently lather, allowing the foam to spread down the body of your hair and extensions. Do not tug at your extensions. Lather at the root and allow the foam to cleanse your extensions.
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquaternium 11,Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate ,Laureth-4, Carbomer,Parfum, Polyquaternium 10,Sodium Chloride, Coco Glucoside, Glyceyl Oleate, Glyceryl Strarate, Benzoic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide 20%, Benzyl Alcohol, Methyl- chlorothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane Dimethicol, Bis-PEG/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA

If you speak to them they are open & honest about the fact there extension shampoo does contain sulphates! If you have an Alan Howard wholesaler local they stock the joico sulphate free range which is lovely they also have mini bottles you can make up aftercare packs with

I like having my own branded bottles though, think It looks really professional .. But I'm a bit wary and annoyed about the sulfates situation..
So it's a catch 22 xx

I know exactly what you mean, I'd love to have them myself but I've never risked as your selling people exactly what you tell them not to use lol xx

Lots of suppliers actually recommend options too, Iv been told the Kevin Murphy products are great for extensions but never tried them maybe check those out x

Well I know sjk and studio 58 use them and guarantee the hair with using their products only .. And I've used the options products on mine, not realising, and used bed head superstar sulfate free and never noticed the difference tbh.x

The sulphate free crazy has only been going about 12/18m, Options have been around a lot longer & you never see of any problems with them, i personally dont like the texture too much & the bottles are so recognisable but if you like it & had no problems yourself i wouldnt stop using it.

SLES & is a little gentler then SLS so its not the worst but they do a sodium free shampoo (post brazillian blowdry) which you might feel better about & ive heard the argan shampoo is lovely on extensions too :)

The sulphate free crazy has only been going about 12/18m, Options have been around a lot longer & you never see of any problems with them, i personally dont like the texture too much & the bottles are so recognisable but if you like it & had no problems yourself i wouldnt stop using it.

SLES & is a little gentler then SLS so its not the worst but they do a sodium free shampoo (post brazillian blowdry) which you might feel better about & ive heard the argan shampoo is lovely on extensions too :)

You don't like the texture of the product itself or the hair after it's been used?

I didn't know the sulfate free thing was recent .. Although I did do training 2 years ago and they said this at training.

I've asked options if they would recommend their Argan shampoo on extensions as it's new since the last time I used them and I personally love Argan oil and include a mini bottle in my aftercare packs so would be good if they could recommend using the shampoo and conditioner aswell.

I don't know whether to purchase the hair extension products for my clients that I'm fitting soon and buy a bottle of the other two to trial out on myself before switching.

What do you use on extensions? xx

did anyone get them options

Never used Options but been told by my students they like their products.

Latest posts

Back