Hair extensions _ what action to take

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lushious locks

Reaction score
HI ive been fitting hair extensions for 10 years i am fully qualified insured ect ect ,
1 thing thats bugging me now is i seem to be visiting more and more
clients that have recently had extreamly bad fittings and wanting me to remove them !
dont get me wrong i dont mind the removing or refitting but its driving me mad how people have the nerve to mess with some ones hair, charge a fortune make a real bad job of it ,EVEN CAUSE HAIR LOSS !
and think thats ok , i dont get it ,
the most recent case i have Just seen is a girl i feel so sorry for !
they are by no way flush with cash , she always wanted extensions so her partner decided to treat her to some , she found a girl called ****************** that advertzes on the net and facebook,
she fitted microring.. to add to that she only fitted 75 extensions for a full head !!!!
i fit 150 to 200 for a full head so you can imagine what it look liked .
the bonds wear all stuck out also ,
the girl who had them fitted did not no what was going on the fitter left her saying when you wash it it will blend in lol
any way the poor lass want happy and after having them in only 2 days rung the fitter to say she wasnt happy and it looked a mess and was painfull ,
the fitter was not interested and would not even come to remove them never mind remove she needs a refund !!
she rung me i am in shock i messaged the fitter this *****************
and expained to her i have seen her client and the fitting you did was unsafe the worse job i have seen and definatly will cause stress to the root area leading to hair loss , bold spots , and the girl needs a full refund and she should no way be fitting hair extension with no training
the discusting reply i got knocked me for 6 , the launguage was discusting
i advised the girl to contact trading standerds . she was told to write a letter to the fitter with her legal rights and it will be taken from there if no reply ,
i managed to trace her home adress thank god ....

my quiestion is is there a quicker route to go down other than trading standerds ,
this cant keep happening i have seen so many bad fittings that have causes stress to the root area and i no of a few clients wear the hair never grew back !!!
there must be some wear direct that can deal with these problems rather than trading standerds ( although they have told her she has a good case its a long route to go down with them ,
does any one no a quicker way round this , is it a police matter ?
or does any one no of any numbers to ring ?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG this sounds like a girl I have come accross also!

If its the same girl I've offered to remove for her and refit at cost price as a gesture of goodwill as her friend is having a full head with me next week.

It is totally disgusting.

If its the same girl she is now stalking my face book page and getting her friends to message each new client to say she will do them for £15 cheapper than mine LOL. I normally fit 140 - 200 bonds depending on hair thickness/size of clients head but seems she is not even fitting half a head. Keep me posted xx

Shocking!! Like you said full heads should be 150-200 strands....even for half heads I over order to make sure and fit as many ad possible just it looks full!! I've not come across anything so bad as this though, I've come across people having teething problems, little boggles and the fitter disappearing off the scene....I can't think of any other way round apart from trading standards or through solicitors....hope she gets her comeuppance!

sorry not been on for a while ,,
she is also stalking me on fb too , her name is **********,
her ad on fb was i seen ahole in the market so i now fit extensions lol
i asked her wear she trained she said ********* trained me !!
i replyed what compay is that , no reply so obviousy shes just watched u tube or some thing lol
the girl in quiestion hasnt had them removed yet as i think she cant afford untill she gets a refund , ive also removed peoples extensions that have been bedly fitted with bald patches thet have had them fitted at hair dressers ! its getting so shocking ,
a recent 1 is a girl i just been to she was told to pay a deposit ( wich was the full amount of the fitting £190) in to there account when it come to the day of fitting she didnt turn up , police say its a civil matter !!!!
i think she has got intouch with trading standerds now, its frud to me ,,
i do a ladys that booked her self on a corse to do hair extensions and nails , the corse was based in huddersfield , she had to pay the full 800 on line , it came to the big day no 1 turned up and all the lines are dead !! shocking ,,
it just seem so much bad is going on in this industry ,
ive heard more stories ,
to be honest i need some more extensions in my own hair and im dreading finding some 1 i trust i i was speaking to a girl who seemed to fit cheap russion hair, she sais she had plenty all in stock , but when i told her i also fit extensions she seemed to of run out !!
she said if i pay her 170 and bring my own hair she will fit , so that ment she was gettig russion hair for 30 quid ,, impossable , when i questioned her on this she went quiet , so she is also ripping people off false advertizing ,,
does any 1 fit in west yorkshire ?

Report her to the benefit office, environmental health and trading standards.

Your client can take her to the small claims court for her refund. She can use moneyclaim online
Other than that, it is about educating clients that you get what you pay for . If ext are £200 they will be terrible, as genuine good hair will cost at least that.

Worth contacting HABIA to explain what is happening now that non hairdressers can do 1 day courses that THEY accredit.

I've just had the same thing. I was recommended to a girl by a mutual friend, I agreed to do a removal and a fitting on the same day and just charge for fitting alone.

Went over on friday to remove, she had her hair done in a salon in **********, by someone who supposedly must have been trained by *********** because that was the hair fitted. Began the removal and got nowhere. The bonds were ROCK SOLID, not flexible at all, didn't budge with acetone (or anything else for that matter). She rang the salon when I was there and they said the same thing happened with someone else and it took every girl there, the whole day to get them out.
I managed to get the extensions out, then we wrapped her up in conditioner and said to try and gently tease the glue out. I went back yesterday and spent 5 hours getting the glue out. There is not a chance it's keratin, I have no idea why the salon continue to fit this hair seeing as they know what it's like to remove.

I'm back tonight to do a fitting, so what should have taken about 4/5 hours has now taken 3 days. I feel so sorry for the girl, she's been a total trooper and I'm surprised she's not been put off for like. I wish there was a way to report these people!!!

I've just had the same thing. I was recommended to a girl by a mutual friend, I agreed to do a removal and a fitting on the same day and just charge for fitting alone.

Went over on friday to remove, she had her hair done in a salon in **********, by someone who supposedly must have been trained by *********** because that was the hair fitted. Began the removal and got nowhere. The bonds were ROCK SOLID, not flexible at all, didn't budge with acetone (or anything else for that matter). She rang the salon when I was there and they said the same thing happened with someone else and it took every girl there, the whole day to get them out.
I managed to get the extensions out, then we wrapped her up in conditioner and said to try and gently tease the glue out. I went back yesterday and spent 5 hours getting the glue out. There is not a chance it's keratin, I have no idea why the salon continue to fit this hair seeing as they know what it's like to remove.

I'm back tonight to do a fitting, so what should have taken about 4/5 hours has now taken 3 days. I feel so sorry for the girl, she's been a total trooper and I'm surprised she's not been put off for like. I wish there was a way to report these people!!!
I have been involved with a similar thing. A salon in Liverpool was having a nightmare trying to sort out some poor girls hair. They called my hair merchant for help, and I ended up involved. We tried EVERYTHING, and nothing would shift. The girl basically had glue of some discription EVERYWHERE. It had spread onto her scalp and the ext and hair was all stuck together in a gloopy mess. We tried every solvent, oil, cleansers, even swarfega:eek:
We contacted the girl who did them to find out what she had used, and she refused to tell us. It looked almost like tar, and was dark and sticky.

We did involve the police as the client was a hospital job. The ************ salon ended up shaving her head as much as they could. The hospital had to treat her scalp for burns (not caused by the salon I may add).

After that, I am passionate that only fully trained hairdressers with proper training in hair extensions should be doing them, and I make no apologies for that point of view.

So next time the one day dabbler brigade wanna tell me how good they are, think of that poor bald girl in hospital with chemical burns.

Thanks guys ...

Nothing I love more on a Sunday night than spending half an hour reading and editing your posts while my daughter is here for only a short visit .. Cheers for that.

Naming and shaming is absolutely against the site rules and could get, not YOU, oh no, the owner of this site sued. So do not name names, towns, salons or schools. You do not need to name names to discuss this topic. Let's respect this site and it's owner.

Last edited:
SORRY FOR STATING NAMES DIDNT REALIZE :rolleyes:
thanks for the replys its nice to no there is genuine people out there persianista it seems so much of a dead end when comming to this complaining , the poice called it a civil matter , thats a joke ,
but i will keep in mind Report her to the benefit office, environmental health and trading standards.
and the money claim on line sounds a more promising idea ,i will pass that on ,
its funny you said that about the glue ,
i did a removal the other day , that a girl had fitted , she only had them in 2 days and said she was in bad pain ,
i couldnt belive how hard these bonds wear top remove it was like tough flexible plastic , it was a slight pink in color , took me 5 hours to remove it then 2 hours the day after getting the glue bits removes , never seen anything like it before , she also wouldnt tell the girl what it was ,

there is a certain person in *********. her name keeps popping up for bad jobs ect i shouldnt really get invoved but i messaged her and in a nice way told her of her complaintes and kindly told her she could do with eithere going on a refresher corse or a corse if she hasnt ,
i should of expected the responce i got but was still shocked with it ,
if i have any clients with problems i will put them before anything elce
and cant belive some people can do a bad job all the time and leave them to it ! shocking !

Latest posts

Back