Hair extensions fallen out after 1 week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shannylou123

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone can help? Ive had pre bonded hair extension fitted in the past but the lady who use to do mine (over 2 years ago) has moved away. I found someone on Facebook to do them she is qualified and has some good reviews on her page, I had a consultation with her and she told me she does not like doing pre bonded but she does shrinkes so i decided to go for them. Anyway i had them fitted last Wednesday it took 6 hours to fit about 120 extensions and when she had finished they looked a bit thin but it was 12 o'clock at night and i was tired, the next day i went back to have some more fitted as they were so thin at the sides, she fitted 17 more and it looked a bit better. I have now had them in 5 days and since Saturday 15 of the extensions have come out? I don't know what to do shall I contact her and ask for a refund or just take them out? Thanks

How long after fitting did you wash your hair?

What aftercare products are you using and what aftercare info did she give you?

You need to go back to the extensionist and ask them to refit the ones that have come away.

Do you have any pictures of the bonds and extensions?

I waited 4 days before I washed them, she gave me an information sheet on how to look after them. I'm using pureology shampoo and conditioner, I haven't put conditioner near any of the bonds as I know this can break them down. Also when I washed the hair extensions black hair dye was coming off them? Is this normal?

This is what they look like from the sides.

Sorry photos aren't uploading

image.jpeg

How much did u pay her for the hair though? X

Well for hair and fitting I meant X

I paid £310 for hair and fitting.

I paid £310 for hair and fitting.

Ah right :/ if you'd paid like £100-£200 thinner hair would be expected but since u paid £310 I would ask her to put back in the ones that have came out. Did she say if she was using double drawn hair and where it was from? X

No she never said what hair it was she just said its top quality salon hair it was 0.8 grams as 1 gram would be to heavy for my head. I have had another 13 fall out today she has offered to put them back in but i am worried they will just fall out again. x

No she never said what hair it was she just said its top quality salon hair it was 0.8 grams as 1 gram would be to heavy for my head. I have had another 13 fall out today she has offered to put them back in but i am worried they will just fall out again. x
Hmm bit odd 0.8g and 1g is hardly any difference anyway so dunno why 1gram would be too heavy for ur head. They do look abit thin on the sides as u can see quite abit of ur natural hair underneath so I wouldn't really be happy with that for £310. I don't do skrinkies and i don't think there very good because not many training companies teach them and salons don't do them, there's a lot better methods. I'd ask her to take them out, re tip them and have them fitted again as micro beads which don't fall out. Have u got a pic from the back? X

Hey no I haven't got any pictures of the back. I thought that, I have had 1 grams before and been fine with them. I have never had shrinkies but read that if they were adhesive lined shrinkies they would be fine and stay in. When I showed my partner the shrinkies after they came out he said it was the same stuff they use at work on wires and the ones I have in don't have any glue inside them. I guess that's why they are slipping out. I have contacted her she has told me it may be because my hair is really short or it could be I brushed them to hard. I'm not too confident on her putting more extensions in my hair. X

Hey no I haven't got any pictures of the back. I thought that, I have had 1 grams before and been fine with them. I have never had shrinkies but read that if they were adhesive lined shrinkies they would be fine and stay in. When I showed my partner the shrinkies after they came out he said it was the same stuff they use at work on wires and the ones I have in don't have any glue inside them. I guess that's why they are slipping out. I have contacted her she has told me it may be because my hair is really short or it could be I brushed them to hard. I'm not too confident on her putting more extensions in my hair. X

Hmm the length of ur hair wouldn't make a difference and if she thinks that's why there coming out because ur hair is short why would she fit them on ur hair in the first place? Lol
What do u want out of it? Like are u happy with the quality of the hair but just upset with them coming out? X

Yeah if she wasn't happy with my short hair she should of not fitted them. The hair feels good quality, looks a little thin. My main concern now is how much of my real hair may be coming out with the extensions and if she fits them again will they just fall out :( I'm just unsure on what to do. I have only had them fitted 6 days ago. X

I wouldn't be happy with what she has done at all, by the looks of it you need a lot more hair fitted x

I've been to see her she told me they fallen out because the shrinkies she used never had any glue in. She said she will take them out and refit them with the right shrinkies for £150.00! I'm disgusted by her attitude and taking the matter further.

I've been to see her she told me they fallen out because the shrinkies she used never had any glue in. She said she will take them out and refit them with the right shrinkies for £150.00! I'm disgusted by her attitude and taking the matter further.
Let me understand this. SHE did not use glue and is recharging you?

She never used adhesive lined shrinkies to fit the hair and that's why it's fallen out and yeh she wants to charge me to fit them all again. X

Latest posts

Back