Hair extensions help, distaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Not been on the site for quite a while but I'm here today to ask for some advice/guidance please.

I had hair extensions put in on the 20th April but today Iv actually had quite possibly THE WORST hair disaster EVER!! So basically my hairdresser (of about 6 years) said before she touched it that it felt dry & knotty & I agreed that it had felt dry since day 1 (knotty, dry, rough, matted ends, iv never had matted bonds) I should have said something to the girl that put them in but didn't as the girl has nothing but good reviews about the quality of hair (I'm afraid I don't know the brand of hair she uses she told me it was Brazilian hair but branded by herself) So I had my roots coloured & a toner put on the ends, when she sat me back over at the mirrors my hair had all knotted up at the bottom & stuck like Velcro. In a nut shell iv had to have it cut out [emoji27] she got most of the knot out but the bottoms were just stuck solid [emoji37] she mentioned she thought the hair might have been hung wrong in the factory? Does this make sense to what I'm describing? Or poor quality hair but she gets such good reviews??!! so my hair is shorter that I wanted but had no choice [emoji85] My hair dresser reckons the hair isn't right as my own hair was completely fine [emoji43]
Please advise, anything appreciated.

Jo xx

I've had extensions for years and had my fate share of disasters depending on the quality of hair used I had a batch that i physically couldn't wash my self I could only have it done at the hairdressers with hours of brushing with a tangle teaser the poorer quality ones do tend to be dryer and go thick and bushy I've never had to dye or tone mine luckily but I'm guessing the hair just really dry it does tend to Matt and go like horse hair are they defo human hair or could they be a mix of fake and real x

You should have returned to the extensionist when you first realised that they were becoming knotty and dry. Six weeks later and you would be deemed to have caused the problems by poor maintenance.

Please understand that I'm not saying you did anything wrong to the hair but if you look at it objectively, it will be argued that you have been wearing the hair for all this time 'quite happily'.

Realistically, I think there's very little you can do now your hairdresser has coloured your hair with your extensions in and cut it. Most suppliers will not honour a guarantee (ever?) on the hair after a chemical service.

Good Reviews?
I wouldn't choose something based purely on Facebook type reviews as they're either excellent (added by friends and family) or damning (added by disgruntled clients or competitors). You can never be sure of the accuracy of them. I am a cynic these days and apply this philosophy to all product and service reviews, even Amazon.

There are excellent hairdressers and extensionists out there who value their clients and do their best to provide a good product and excellent service but you won't know till you've tried them.

Personal recommendation from someone you trust is always best, in my view.

I do hair extensions, and to be honest it does annoy me when a client come back after over a month complaining about the hair/having a problem with it when they have dyed it which your normally told not to do. If you would of went back to her as soon as it started going dry before dying it and cutting it there's a lot more she could offer you in terms of fixing the problem. Like I'd offer my client new hair, but once it's been dyed and cut I wouldn't X

But I'd still let her know so she knows and can keep a eye out for it again X

Agree with Maisie and AcidPerm. If it was bad from day 1 I'm not sure why you didn't contact the extensionist? Everyone, even the "celebrity" stylists can receive a bad batch of extension hair and there's no way of knowing until it's been washed. I had celebrity choice by BW fitted and it went dry, frizzy and knotty after one wash! Terrible. But they have great reviews and celebrity endorsements too. I expect the girl who fitted then would've rectified the situation if you had told her as soon as you noticed but you didn't even give her a chance to. Please don't now give her bad reviews and say she was terrible. It's not fair.

Latest posts

Back