Hair extensions showing when putting hair up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcouture

Reaction score
hey hair geeks ive just popped over from beauty, hope you dont mind :biggrin: i just wanted some opinions on hair extensions from you. i had cinderella hair extensions a while back and they lasted really well and i absolutely loved them but the only thing that bothered me was when i tried to tie my hair back the bonds would show and they were really obvious.

My hair isnt the thickest but by all means it isnt thin so should the bonds show or was it maybe the way they were put in? Im desperate to have some more fitted but this is making me abit wary as i wear my hair up quite abit and hated having the bonds show because it looked so cheap :sad:

I am wondering if maybe micro rings or another method would be better for me as they might not be so obvious, I have very dark hair by the way. As i am into beauty not hair this is purely just afew thoughts ive had about them but i might be completely wrong so i am not trying to say they were badly put in, it is just an option that i contemplated. Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks xx

hey hair geeks ive just popped over from beauty, hope you dont mind :biggrin: i just wanted some opinions on hair extensions from you. i had cinderella hair extensions a while back and they lasted really well and i absolutely loved them but the only thing that bothered me was when i tried to tie my hair back the bonds would show and they were really obvious.

My hair isnt the thickest but by all means it isnt thin so should the bonds show or was it maybe the way they were put in? Im desperate to have some more fitted but this is making me abit wary as i wear my hair up quite abit and hated having the bonds show because it looked so cheap :sad:

I am wondering if maybe micro rings or another method would be better for me as they might not be so obvious, I have very dark hair by the way. As i am into beauty not hair this is purely just afew thoughts ive had about them but i might be completely wrong so i am not trying to say they were badly put in, it is just an option that i contemplated. Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks xx

hi :) if they are put in wrong/badly then this can effect the over all look when you put your hair up ie, u will see them lol. im not sure on the micro rings so cant comment on them but..
i have clip in extensions that i use all the time and never have a problem with these when i wear my hair up. i have had quite a lot of practice at putting them in but even still they are pretty easy once you have tryed a few times. i also like them because if i put a full head in and tie my hair back, if you can see one of the clips u can always move it around slightly so u cant c the clip :) Have you ever tryed the clip i ones before? they are much better for your hair than the glue in ones in my opinion xx

how long do you spend putting them in? I have thought about getting clip in extensions but i am so useless with styling my hair, even a simple blowdry i cant master lol. I have looked at the lauren pope extensions from hair rehab london as ive heard they are brilliant but didnt want to spend out and then realise i couldnt put them in properly xx

how long do you spend putting them in? I have thought about getting clip in extensions but i am so useless with styling my hair, even a simple blowdry i cant master lol. I have looked at the lauren pope extensions from hair rehab london as ive heard they are brilliant but didnt want to spend out and then realise i couldnt put them in properly xx

not long at all they literally take me 5 min to section and clip in. you can style them before you put them in so that sometimes makes it bit easyer :)
rather than go out and buy some really expensive ones you could buy some cheaper ones (still human hair tho) from your local market or somewere. they normally match your colour up really well and the you can buy them with the clips already on. because there cheap they most probly wont last you more than 2 months without looking stragly but in that time you could practice putting them in and get use to them. i love clip ins and would always reccomend them. even for people that arnt great at styling there hair, with a tiny bit of practice you will look fab. when you put them in for the first time they will need cutting and once you have them cut (this is the only slightly tricky bit) you need to remember what order there in. i use a pen and dot them on the wefts. so the one at the base of your head is one dot. next one up it two dots ect ect, sounds confusing but its pretty simple honestly :) xx

not long at all they literally take me 5 min to section and clip in. you can style them before you put them in so that sometimes makes it bit easyer :)
rather than go out and buy some really expensive ones you could buy some cheaper ones (still human hair tho) from your local market or somewere. they normally match your colour up really well and the you can buy them with the clips already on. because there cheap they most probly wont last you more than 2 months without looking stragly but in that time you could practice putting them in and get use to them. i love clip ins and would always reccomend them. even for people that arnt great at styling there hair, with a tiny bit of practice you will look fab. when you put them in for the first time they will need cutting and once you have them cut (this is the only slightly tricky bit) you need to remember what order there in. i use a pen and dot them on the wefts. so the one at the base of your head is one dot. next one up it two dots ect ect, sounds confusing but its pretty simple honestly :) xx

if you do choose to get some cheaper ones i must stress you get real human hair tho. the synthetic ones you cant use heat and i always think look false.

If they show when you put your hair up it is more than likely that the technician has put them in too close to the outer section of your hair. I am not due to train til this month but my reading so far tells me that incorrect placement of the extensions causes them to be visible when you put your hair up :D xx

You are meant to leave an inch all the way round the hair line free from extensions and not go to high either so this doesnt happen. When I am fitting them, as I go along I put the hair back to see if they are positioned OK and at the end ask them to put the hair back as if they were putting it in a bobble, then move any that are too visible..... Although saying all this, this is based on the micro loops which you can remove and re-fit. Once the bonded ones are glued in this isnt possible :sad:

You are meant to leave an inch all the way round the hair line free from extensions and not go to high either so this doesnt happen. When I am fitting them, as I go along I put the hair back to see if they are positioned OK and at the end ask them to put the hair back as if they were putting it in a bobble, then move any that are too visible..... Although saying all this, this is based on the micro loops which you can remove and re-fit. Once the bonded ones are glued in this isnt possible :sad:

ive only heard of these micro loop extensions quite recently are they a new thing or have i just not heard of them before lol? i must admit i love clip ins and would reccomend them everytime over glue in extensions but these micro loops sounds very interesting :) xx

Micro loops are the same as micro rings hun except you have a little nylon loop that allows you to skip using a threading tool :D

I like the loops but find they are limited on the ring size on them ( or the ones I have here are anyways as they are teeny little rings ) xx

are the micro rings/loops suitable for most people?

Micro loops are the same as micro rings hun except you have a little nylon loop that allows you to skip using a threading tool :D

I like the loops but find they are limited on the ring size on them ( or the ones I have here are anyways as they are teeny little rings ) xx
ah ok thank youu x

I agree with lovebeauty

When I fit extensions, micro rings I always check to see if you can see the rings, I have blonde hair and it's thin and that was always my problem, so any that I can see I ask to have removed, my step daughter has black hair and when she ties her extensions back you can't see them at all, I think it depends on hair colour and thickness, also your extensionist should listen to what their client wants, I always do x

Hello
All Methods of Hair Extensions that you mention here can and will be noticeable if the Extensions are applied too close to te hairline. There should always be enough hair left around the hairline so that when you pull you hair back your own hair should always cover it easily.

Hope I have been some help

X

Latest posts

Back