Hair extensions...so angry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my prices also start from £230 to £530/£550 for my hair ranges from indian remy to brazillian,european or russian virgin.

i have to have a range of hair for everyones bugdets and different clientele.

but i do to order quite alot each month so thats how i get my prices down and more 'reachable for everyone' also helps i have a great relationship with my suppliers.
no problems with their hair at all they are all remy or virgin.

Thanks guys, this helps alot, iv had them removed by a different hair dresser now. I'm so angry,and there really isnt anything i can do. She is never gunna give me my money back. she quotes on her website "

We specialize in fitting natural, virgin, remy, full cuticle, 100% real Indian human hair.

Unlike all other extensions and weaves, it comes from one donor. The hair is unprocessed 100% human hair, there is absolutely no artificial or non-human hair mixed in with it. All the cuticles are intact and are in the same direction, preventing tangling and matting. The cuticle layer is still perfectly healthy and intact."

But how can it be if it only lasted 2 weeks. She wont pick up the phone and when i confronted her over text she just said the above. I dont think i am gunna get anywhere, will just have to learn by my mistakes!

The hairdresser I went to today also said she more than doubled the length of my hair which is not really the thing to do, and that the bonds where too close together, and also she gave me a full head when i only really needed half! I dont honestly know how she thinks I would pay £70 to have them removed, when they were supposed to last 3months!

its terrible when the coating of the keeper hair extensions comes off. looks good in the packet and once installed BUT WASH IT 5-6 times and presto!
you have virgin idian or Russian rubbish. they should replace it right away.
when when a wholesaler buys hair they have a minimum order quantity.
eg 2kg per color.the factory makes the hair in 2gk batches to the wholesalers specification. thus if the hair was bad the wholesaler would defiantly know because of the bad feed back eg knotty even with the best of products and should replace it and recall that batch if they record batches.

I don't know anythin about hair extensions - but the real point here is consumer rights. You know that the job shes done isn't 2 professional standard and also she is not selling whats described on her website. i agree with the person that said if she won't answer the phone or refund u - she knows she is in the wrong.

forget lengthy text msgs, she knows what she's doin and if she didn't, she'd be more worried about her reputation than giving u ur money back.

look up trading standards on the internet, n find out what the procedure is 2 complain. when u know what it is, text her n tell her if she doesn't refund u, u will be calling trading standards. tell her u know ur consumer rights.

if she doesn't refund u, do what u say ur going to do. ur friend can back up ur story if she tries to get out of it.

Hi,

yeah they deffinatly shouldnt have done that! i am balmain trained and use 100% european human hair and i do a full head with aftercare pack at £350, this is a cheap price but i see it as you can go to a salon and pay loads to get hair extensions done and when i wanted mine done this was the case i was getting quoted 500+ and couldnt really affort that, so i decided that i was going to do them free-lance at a affordable price. so not all cheaper extensions will be bodge jobs :) hope you enjoy yours x

my prices also start from £230 to £530/£550 for my hair ranges from indian remy to brazillian,european or russian virgin.

i have to have a range of hair for everyones bugdets and different clientele.

but i do to order quite alot each month so thats how i get my prices down and more 'reachable for everyone' also helps i have a great relationship with my suppliers.
no problems with their hair at all they are all remy or virgin.

Hi leonnib
Do you mind if I ask which supplier you use for russian virgin hair ? At the moment I'm just offering Indian Remy & Cinderella. I would like to try using russian virgin hair but would like to use a supplier that has come recommended due to the cost of the hair.

Thanks in advance
Rachel

I don't know anythin about hair extensions - but the real point here is consumer rights. You know that the job shes done isn't 2 professional standard and also she is not selling whats described on her website. i agree with the person that said if she won't answer the phone or refund u - she knows she is in the wrong.

forget lengthy text msgs, she knows what she's doin and if she didn't, she'd be more worried about her reputation than giving u ur money back.

look up trading standards on the internet, n find out what the procedure is 2 complain. when u know what it is, text her n tell her if she doesn't refund u, u will be calling trading standards. tell her u know ur consumer rights.

if she doesn't refund u, do what u say ur going to do. ur friend can back up ur story if she tries to get out of it.

Some may not agree with me, but ... experience has taught me that this is exactly one of the reasons why I tell clients to purchase their own hair.

I only offer a fitting and maintenance extensionist service
but I only ever fit the hair that they purchase from the hair company that I recommend ,

I do help clients send off a hair cutting to the company to get them a good hair match , and once I have done that the credit card payment for the hair is then up to the client , and here are the reasons why ,

1) This keeps the extensionists services separate from the hair purchase,
2) You dont have to ask clients for hair money or deposits
3) You never get left out of pocket with any unwanted hair orders
4) You only charge clients for fitting cutting and maintenance services

Then if there are any problems with the reccomended hair company the client doesn't automatically blame the extensionist

I always ask in my courtesy call a week later how the hair is behaving
itself....and the answer is always " the hair is great hair" :)

but if there was ever a problem with the hair ,
(and I have only ever had one rare hair problem with a reputable hair merchant over many years)

as a responsible extensionist I gladly complained to the company on behalf of my client.... for a full refund or replacement hair
for which my client was most grateful to me for doing this for her, :biggrin:
I find this approach works well for me

Most professional extensionists
know what badly turned hair feels like .... and they will not fit any of this muddled up hair into anyone's hair,

plus most professional extensionists will only ever buy hair from proper hair merchants who have been established for many many years
but sometimes on very rare occasions there can be a few turned hairs within a bundle ,

but the difference is....reputable companys will always listen, to the complaints from the professional hair extensionist
and will always give the extensionists a full no quibble refund or replacement hair order for their client :)

I tell people over and over the cause of all major hair extension problems
is the hair is not all root to point correct , as once hair is turned within the bundle it's then just rubbish .

but as most of us know we can tell them this till we are blue in the face
and they still take no notice , until they experience the horror of the matting that you warned them about in the first place!
then they want their money back ,

hope that made sense :hug: x minky

Thats a really good idea Minky, it would certainly make life a lot easier :)

Just out of interest, do any of your clients ask you to recommend a hair supplier - I already offer a fitting, styling and maintenance service but I have found that most clients prefer me to buy the hair as they say they wouldn't know where to start?

thanks
Emma.

Thats a really good idea Minky, it would certainly make life a lot easier :)

Just out of interest, do any of your clients ask you to recommend a hair supplier - I already offer a fitting, styling and maintenance service but I have found that most clients prefer me to buy the hair as they say they wouldn't know where to start?

thanks
Emma.

Hi Emma , :) yes I recommend a really good supplier to them as I will only fit the hair that I recommend,

I also make it clear to the client that they will be paying for the hair order ,

I take cuttings of the clients hair and send the hair cutting off to the hair supplier for the client ,

basically I guide and help the client as much as possible to buy their own high quality hair then when its ready the suppliers simply ring the clients for payment ,

It seems to work out well this way as it definitely weeds out the messers who let you down with hair payments from the true serious ones
plus I find that they take much better care of the hair

I find the client can see she is not getting ripped off as she knows exactly how much she has paid out for her own hair plus vat and postage costs, so she will see for herself that good hair is not cheap ,

Which just leaves clients fitting costs to pay for :) hth x minky

Hi leonnib
Do you mind if I ask which supplier you use for russian virgin hair ? At the moment I'm just offering Indian Remy & Cinderella. I would like to try using russian virgin hair but would like to use a supplier that has come recommended due to the cost of the hair.

Thanks in advance
Rachel

hi i get mine from someone in russian i got there info via client who bought the hair to get it fitted. i dont know any where in uk though which means i have to wait 2 weeks for hair.
but brazillian is good i get it from Princess Natural Hair -v2- 100% Natural Brazilian, Indian Hair Extentions | Virgin Hair | Remy Hair | Human Hair Extensions i get it in 2 days.

Hi Emma , :) yes I recommend a really good supplier to them as I will only fit the hair that I recommend,

I also make it clear to the client that they will be paying for the hair order ,

I take cuttings of the clients hair and send the hair cutting off to the hair supplier for the client ,

basically I guide and help the client as much as possible to buy their own high quality hair then when its ready the suppliers simply ring the clients for payment ,

It seems to work out well this way as it definitely weeds out the messers who let you down with hair payments from the true serious ones
plus I find that they take much better care of the hair

I find the client can see she is not getting ripped off as she knows exactly how much she has paid out for her own hair plus vat and postage costs, so she will see for herself that good hair is not cheap ,

Which just leaves clients fitting costs to pay for :) hth x minky

this is good i think as client then knows how much hair is.. and that we arent overcharging etc

this is good i think as client then knows how much hair is.. and that we arent overcharging etc

Hi leonnib :) yes they pay upfront so they know exactly how much it is and that it's the best hair,

I've been told plenty of hair raising stories about bad hair extensionsts charging clients top price for bad hair , and then just leaving clients after installation at a loose end with unanswered calls and no maintenence :eek:
they just install the cheap bad hair and dont bother getting in touch not even a courtesy call to see if everything's ok , and not even a text reminder that their maintenance is due....
(because they know the hair is cheap and nasty) and will cause problems
so they take the money and run :irked:

and when the hair starts matting just like Katie oxx who posted ....
the client cannot even get in touch , its all so unprofessional
and even though I ask my clients to buy their own hair I from the company that I recommend ,
I am always there to offer assistance and help with the hair ,

but as you know leonnib .... if you buy good hair then it always runs smooth , except for very rare occasional hiccups and we always make sure we sort it all out

I feel very sorry for Katie oxx who doesn't even know who the hair suppliers are to contact .. its just awful

I do hope Katie oxx next install is ok ,
personally I'm not keen on Balmanes singles extensions , but its just personal preference as a lot of others on here like them loads, and I believe their double hair is very good,
their training is excellent and really I love their micro bonds and their other hair conditioning products,

Katie oxx do let us know how you get on with things , and
hopefully you will get in touch with this extensionist and hopefully she will try and get you a full refund on the bad hair

Last edited:
yes its probably 1 in 3 people i see that say they cant contact the person etc its unbelievable i had one client recently same thing and no maintenence for 4 months now... it also leaves them thinkin were all the same

i dont think youd have any probs with balmain although ive never used it personally :)

Last edited:
imagine being the hairstylist that did this? unfortunately the hair styliist might have been sold great hair (not) and is now stuck with a terrible issue on their hands. im hoping their supplier supports their hair stylist and replaces the hair. im guessing this is not the situation :cry:

If I was the hair extensionist that did this , the first thing I would be doing is putting this mess right as soon as I possibly could , as it would be my reputation on the line
and the next thing I would be doing is finding a far better hair supplier,
as I could never trust a supplier after such a very big tatty hair Disaster ,

These things sometimes happen (unfortunately) even with some of the reputable brands. The reputable brands have buying power (they get preference) and good facilities and the capabilities to support or replace hair for there customers.
This has happened to me in the past and i must say its nice to know that your backed by a good company and you can easily explain to your client that the situation can be resolved. In most cases people are understanding,
hopefully this is resolved in this manner

Last edited:
I agree ,
but with a lot of bad company's its always the hair extensionist who is constantly left to flounder and fight a battle all the way with an irate customer on their backs all by themselves and for what?

hair that they fitted (just fitted ) that's all as they certainly
never produced the bad hair , and its these awful company's that are getting away with it all

and this is one of the other reasons I advise extensionists to let the client buy their own hair
as the extensionists job is only to install it with a good extensionists bonding product

I also only advise anyone to use Pure Virgin hair ,

preferably from a hair merchants who will use hackles and mixing mats who are trained for many many years in how to mix together natural colours and hair textures completely by hand to obtain a perfect colour match for your clients and keeping it all completely root to point correct ,
over here we have a handful of these very old tried and trusted hair merchants and they are very reasonably priced and are very well trusted
as they will make an intermediate refund,
and a problem with them is very rare indeed ,

I am sure loads on here know that with Pure virgin hair we can easily perform our own simple finger tests to make sure the cuticles are all properly aligned and running the same way before we attempt to install it ,

also you will all know.... its much harder or do these simple finger tests with hair that's been acid processed and then re coated with
silicons , so all you can feel sometimes is its gloriously silky chemically coating

so unless you have access to a powerful microscope and the time to chemically strip off the silicon coatings and chemically swell up the cuticles to enable you to take a peek at hundereds of hairs to check they are all aligned and running the same way , then most extensionists who buy this processed hair will always have to rely upon manufactures processing standards and a good industry name
and as there are only a handful of good ones out there ,unless we taet then we are taking a chance ..... and not to forget that last true standard wash and wear hair test ,
which most professionals hair extensionists on here always perform if they are trying out different hair or a new supplier :)

Personally I don't use and don't like to advise anyone to use factory processed hair and this advice will this greatly lessen the chance of extensionists experiencing these bad hair matting problems

but I am also understanding of the fact
that people want fast hair orders , and sometimes a cheaper option
so it is always going to be a tempting offer to clients and extensionsts to buy factory processed hair , and some of the processed hair always going much worse than others,

and extensionists are always the ones that are left with the ultimate backlash and unfair fights on their hands ,

and why should that be ?
after all she/he did her job of standing there for six hours fitting the hair in properly ,
and all her/his time and efforts are all wasted if the hair is bad

so why on earth should an extensionist have to take all the flack and responsibility for the manufactures shabby quality hair ?

Then the extensionist through no fault of her /his own
has to take all of the shabby hair back out again plus all of her own good hard work and bonding materials back out again and with no payment I might add !
which could take another three hours or more.

Then pay recorded postal to send it all back to the good old manufactures and then pay for endless phone calls to some so called rude and snottily trained customer services adviser who always blame the client ,
when we as professional are trained to know its the shabby hair
(the silicon coating has now worn off ) off exposing the rough hair cuticles on the turned hairs = terrible matting ,

People do not have naturally forming interlocking matted hair balls that just occur from natural hair growing out of a persons head , this just doesn't happen, because the hairs cuticles are all facing the same way as nature intended ,
it only happens in wigs and extension products , if the hairs become turned round the wrong way , and it only takes a few within the bundle
for it to cause major matting problems its as simple as that ,

and this is the only difference between hair matting up like an interlocking fur ball and hair staying good and smooth.

I think at one time or another if we are experienced enough we have all been shocked at matted extensions ,
and it's just not on :irked:,

For extensionists to buy with confidence and take responsibility for the clients hair
would now need a complete 100 per cent backing by these company's to stand by their products,
and a full guarantee to the professional extensionists that they will not be left alone with an irate customer with matted tangled hair,

Hope that made sense rant over :zzz: :lol:
I just hope another poor person doesn't come along and asks about matted hair extensions again
without searching first x :lol:

LOL.
yes your right.
my advise is simple.
unless your not going to by from a reputable supplier (large company) then dont buy! your simply rolling the dice.
you supplier should be doing the quality control. this is why large brands such as great lenths and Cinderella have need operating successfully for years.
The have a great product.(although i think the technology is now old).

LOL.
great lenths and Cinderella have need operating successfully for years.
The have a great product.(although i think the technology is now old).

You wouldn't be meaning the actual application technology now would you ?
:lol::lol::lol: lol

Latest posts

Back