Hair gone blue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katierake

Reaction score
Help please!! Luckily this is my hair! A colleague coloured my hair for me this morning. I was a caramel blonde with a darker root. Roots base of a 6 ends bleached and toned to around a 8/7. Natural base is a 5. We bleached to a great clean blonde and recoloured using a formula recommended by wella. 8/81 with a small amount of 2/0 and 0/68 in colour touch. It has soaked up so much blue! What is best to remove it a little bit and get it more grey? Happy to have the blue undertone! Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 187
Picture isn't the best, it is a lot more blue than the picture shows

You could try a bleach wash (powder lightener plus shampoo but no developer) on freshly wet shampooed hair (so it lathers easily) to lift out excess tone without taking all of the colour out, if it's just a bit too blue/grey.

You could try a bleach wash (powder lightener plus shampoo but no developer) on freshly wet shampooed hair (so it lathers easily) to lift out excess tone without taking all of the colour out, if it's just a bit too blue/grey.

I agree, I have had to do this a few times on my hair after it turned blue and it worked out great!

Thank you so much for your replies. I've done it and has helped a lot. It looks a bit blonde and raw now so any ideas on a good grey formula to put over the top? All the usual ones I use I'm scared will go blue again!

Mm, probably test a small area first as its likely to be quite porous and suck up the colour.

I know this is a old
Post, but I have a Client with this colour, she wanting it silver.
If I use bleach and water do you think it will pull most of the colour out? Or
Should do you think a bleach bath?, X
Doing tomorrow
X

Latest posts

Back