Hair gone like wire wool after a colour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
Hi I've just popped over from skin geek for some advice...
My hair is now on its 3rd cycle of being dyed a pink/purple colour and each time my hairdresser has to cut massive chunks out of my hair as its going like wire wool! It's terrible and now I have a layer which is so short compared to the rest and it means I'm having to wear a hat/tie it back to hide the dry chunks :(
I use to be blonde and occasionally it would do it then but it's now every time!
My hairdresser is also my friend so It's very difficult but when I ask her she just says that's what will happen if its dyed. The only way to stop it is to stop colouring. Is this true?
I basically have a choice of mousy hair which I hate or hair which looks like an outside doormat? :(
Please help as I am devastated.

Thanks in advance x

It's sounds like the colour is being left on too long or coloured way to much x

It could be a number of things making it over processed and dry but i would get some conditioning masks before recolouring

How often are you having it coloured? Do you know what she is using? How long is it left on for? X

Thank you so much for the replies!! X

I've been using conditioning masks anyway but they only help a bit. This is the third time it's been coloured which has been done 12weeks apart each time but previously I was having highlights (which I only had done about twice a year)

It's left on while she does other people's hair so I would say prob half hour?
I can't remember which make it is, the purple is 55/65 if that helps at all? (Sorry!!)
I really appreciate the replies and any advice! Xx

55/65 could it be kolesten perfect.I use this or sometimes 55/66.

The best products to use for this is joico k-pak colour therapy shampoo and conditioner, it'll repair the damage, hydrate your hair and also protect your colour. It's brilliant stuff!

The best products to use for this is joico k-pak colour therapy shampoo and conditioner, it'll repair the damage, hydrate your hair and also protect your colour. It's brilliant stuff!

Thank you! Can I get this from Capitol or beauty express? Or somewhere else?
I definitely need something as I can't even brush it x

Has anyone got any advice for when I get my next colour or should I not get it done? X

Hiya, is your stylist colouring your whole hair every time?? If so i would suggest maybe putting the colour on just the roots for 30 mins then run it through to the ends for the last 15 just to refresh the ends cause you will end up with alot of build up of colour if your not careful.
Also, when you do conditioning treatments leave conditioner on wrap head in cling film and a hot/warm towel it works are a deep conditioning i do this every week to keep my healthy and shiny. (I know you look silly lol but it works)
Maybe you should also look in to semi instead of permanent and see if that makes a difference. Xxx

Joico k-pak is amazing xx

Latest posts

Back