Hair growth pills advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherryglitter

Reaction score
Hey,
Is stuff like biotin and hair growth pills good for thinning hair or just helping it grow longer? Thanks

Hey,
Is stuff like biotin and hair growth pills good for thinning hair or just helping it grow longer? Thanks
I took biotin for years it increases growth and makes haor grow to its maximum thickess and nourishes the papilla anf blood capillaries connected to the follicles, it wont have mjch difference or effect on your hair currently only new growth as the hair outside your scalp is dead and cant be LEGITIMATELY thickened permenantly itll obly improvr new hair health from the scalp, i defo recommrnd them my hair grows an entire inch every month (because of chemicals also but the biotin is amazing) start with 5000mcg and drink water woth them always as if u dnt u can break out ewoth spots and all, they take 3 weeks for your body to adapt to them so dont expect results brfore 2 months really xx

Excuse the typing sorry im on a phone screens tiny

I've been taking Biotin for about 3 months and i've seen a noticeable difference in eyelash length/thickness.

I took biotin for years it increases growth and makes haor grow to its maximum thickess and nourishes the papilla anf blood capillaries connected to the follicles, it wont have mjch difference or effect on your hair currently only new growth as the hair outside your scalp is dead and cant be LEGITIMATELY thickened permenantly itll obly improvr new hair health from the scalp, i defo recommrnd them my hair grows an entire inch every month (because of chemicals also but the biotin is amazing) start with 5000mcg and drink water woth them always as if u dnt u can break out ewoth spots and all, they take 3 weeks for your body to adapt to them so dont expect results brfore 2 months really xx
Okay thanks! I was looking at the 5000mcg solar ones in Holland and Barret think I am going to try them!

Get them off Amazon. Theyve got over 1000 reviews.

Get them off Amazon. Theyve got over 1000 reviews.
Ye cheaper by a mile on Amazon too just dont start with 10000mcg too strong for starting

Is sea kelp good for hair growth?

Is sea kelp good for hair growth?

Yes its full of vitamins and nutriebts, try jamaican castor oil thats an Indian hair growth secret for centuries xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Which ones did you buy? I bought the 5000mgu ones they sell in holand and Barrett but from a cheaper website

What do you think about biotin?

Never tried Biotin but my baby was overdue by a week and someone in my antenatal group suggested taking caster oil.
Never again!!!
Not to be recommended and it made no difference as I was still induced. :confused:

Hair grows in cycles (grow, rest, fall out) so there's not a huge amount supplements can really offer unless they can prolong the growing period before it gets to the resting state.

I think ensuring a healthy balanced diet is probably the most sensible plan and no smoking at all and only limited alcohol. I honestly think if people smoke then any benefits from diet or supplements is totally wasted.

Never tried Biotin but my baby was overdue by a week and someone in my antenatal group suggested taking caster oil.
Never again!!!
Not to be recommended and it made no difference as I was still induced. :confused:

Hair grows in cycles (grow, rest, fall out) so there's not a huge amount supplements can really offer unless they can prolong the growing period before it gets to the resting state.

I think ensuring a healthy balanced diet is probably the most sensible plan and no smoking at all and only limited alcohol. I honestly think if people smoke then any benefits from diet or supplements is totally wasted.
I mean castor oil applied to hair as a mask not ingested xx

I mean castor oil applied to hair as a mask not ingested xx

I also used Jamaican castor oil on my scalp massaged it in and left it over night to help my hair grow and I think it worked there's also a lot on the Internet saying it helps hair growth :) good to mix it with another oil to make it less thick X

I also used Jamaican castor oil on my scalp massaged it in and left it over night to help my hair grow and I think it worked there's also a lot on the Internet saying it helps hair growth :) good to mix it with another oil to make it less thick X
Perhaps coconut oil? as coconut oil is the only oil that actually repairs the hair and helps the hair xx

I
It definitely works, Indian women have done it for thousands of years and have extremely long and thick hair! :p

It definitely works, Indian women have done it for thousands of years and have extremely long and thick hair! :p

Good grief! That's got nothing to do with what they put on their hair but everything to do with their inherited genes. As a hairdresser, you should really know this.

Asian hair is different to Caucasian hair as the inner cortex is round and not oval like Caucasian hair. The cuticles are thicker and the hair has more cuticle layers than Caucasian hair. Overall hair density is greater and nothing you eat or soak your hair with at night will change the basic genetic hair type that you're born with. o_O

I dob
Good grief! That's got nothing to do with what they put on their hair but everything to do with their inherited genes. As a hairdresser, you should really know this.

Asian hair is different to Caucasian hair as the inner cortex is round and not oval like Caucasian hair. The cuticles are thicker and the hair has more cuticle layers than Caucasian hair. Overall hair density is greater and nothing you eat or soak your hair with at night will change the basic genetic hair type that you're born with. o_O
I do not mean only indian but it is an ibdian known hair growth tip it works on all haor types thoigh haha

Never again!!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Just had a flashback of doing the same! [emoji40][emoji40][emoji40]

Latest posts

Back