Hair | Guy Kremer Arrested!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Guy Kremer became one of seven Hampshire businessmen arrested in front of staff and the public by the local police for shocking crimes such as ‘wearing too much tweed’ or ‘inappropriate use of hair styling products’ (Guy) and ‘attending raves beyond a reasonable age’. Even the town crier was on site, ringing his bell to make sure everyone nearby knew of their arrest..!

It was of course a fund-raising stunt in aid of BDFA, a charity supporting families whose children suffer from Batten Disease, a rare and terminal degenerative brain disease with no cure. Funds were raised by donations to ‘bail Guy from jail’.

“When asked if I’d be part of this fund-raising stunt, of course I said yes,” says Guy. “Children who get the disease are born apparently healthy but they develop epilepsy and dementia, lose their sight, their ability to walk and talk and prematurely, it’s a terrible illness.

“Once ‘arrested’, we were taken to the Former Grand Jury Room at Winchester Castle, a temporary jail for the day, and were finger printed and photographed. Despite bread and water jokes, we secretly enjoyed a glass or two of bubbly while making calls to friends and colleagues for donations to ‘bail us out of jail’.

“The salon team was a great support, wearing special ‘Free Guy Kremer’ t-shirts and waving placards declaring my innocence. Although I hid from the police when they arrived, as I raised over £2,000 in bail money, they said I was a model prisoner. A total of £7,620 was raised on the day, proving we ‘criminals’ have hearts of gold..!”

Great cause, great idea!

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• P1010353 smaller.jpg
    P1010353 smaller.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 185
I used to live in Winchester and I always went to "French Connection" as it was known 25 odd years ago.
Guy did my hair when I got married the first time; it was a surreal experience. Despite my being able to parler un petit peu de Francais, he spoke not one single mot throughout the whole appointment! He didn't even wish me well for my big day!
Funny blerk!

Latest posts

Back