My Fellow Geeks... I am asking for some help...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Geeks
Please will you help us? You may think I am taking a liberty at asking you once again for charitable donations after the exceptional job you did for the 'Battle of the Websites'; I have been putting off posting this and in light of the Tsunami, it was even harder because it seems so insignifiacant, but CHILDREN are not ever insignificant. Please give me your attention in reading on and I will leave it to your discretion as to whether or not you wish to help.

Both Simon Rouse (my dad) and I are participating in the Whizz-Kidz Great Wall of China Challenge; this trek is fully authorised to raise funds on behalf of Whizz-Kidz!!
Last year Simon decided he wanted to achieve a lifetime’s ambition and walk part of the Great Wall of China (as many of you may know, he has done various walks in the past to raise money for the Whizz-Kidz charity) unfortunately the challenge was unable to go ahead due to the out break of SARS Disease!

My dad is now 64 years old and I felt that as the oldest ‘trekker’ he should have some support – so now he must endure me tagging along! All of you (i think), know me well and know that I juggle a pretty hectic lifestyle between work, kids, travel commitments, this site etc! I will be the first to tell you that in the recent years I have not been brilliant at exercising – in fact I am sure Dad is far fitter than me! :eek: Simon is training in the rugged terrains of Spain and I am walking the cement streets of Leeds (when I can :o ) trying to get into shape for this mega challenge but we need your help! We must raise between us £4000.00 by March 2005 and another £1000.00 by May 2005 when the trek goes ahead!

Any donations will be so much appreciated! We thought it would be fun to create some t-shirts for us to wear emblazoned with the logos of ALL SPONSORS! We will also write a diary and take pictures which will make for some wonderful and heart-warming editorial!
The walk will be challenging enough (imagine me with no make-up or heels for a week:Scared: ) but the lives these children lead without mobility is a thousand times more challenging for them and we, with your help, can make such a difference! Below will explain how monies need to be paid and may we both (Dad and I) take this opportunity to thank you all once again for any monies that you can kindly donate.
With Love and Thanks

Samantha & Simon
Samantha Sweet & Simon Rouse

whizz-kidz payment details
Gratefully received cheques must be payable to Whizz-Kidz and sent to the attention of Samantha Sweet
Designer Nails UK Ltd
6 Clayton Wood Banks
Leeds - LS16 6QZ

However the easiest way to donate would be to our own Whizz-Kidz web page below. It is secure and simple. Thank you all once again!
http://www.justgiving.com/samsimonchinawall

Whizz-Kidz is a charity for ‘The Movement for Non-Mobile Children’ and its registered charity number is 802872! Whizz-Kidz aims to improve the quality of life of disabled children in the UK through provision of customised mobility equipment such as wheelchairs and tricycles. It is dedicated to providing help and advice to the children and their families and raising awareness of mobility-related issues through national campaigning.

Todays kids are our future, waydago Samantha and Simon!!! i shall deffo be donating!!!

I for one want to see you without your Alexander Mqueen outfits LOL

You are braver than me

Amanda:Love: :hug:

Count me in too Samantha ... be worth it just to see you without your heels and slap... lmao!!! :wink2:
No really... I know where you are coming from and I admire you tremendously for it. Good luck.
:hug:

Lily said:
Todays kids are our future, waydago Samantha and Simon!!! i shall deffo be donating!!!

I for one want to see you without your Alexander Mqueen outfits LOL

You are braver than me

Amanda:Love: :hug:

Amanda, Glors thank you :hug: you are very kind. You are right I will miss the 'deconstructed skirts' but what does Alexander McQueen or makeup matter when something like this is so important. It will be a HUGE challange for me personally both mentally and physically but I will do this!! Thank you once again for your support :Love:

Mrs Geek said:
Amanda, Glors thank you :hug: you are very kind. You are right I will miss the 'deconstructed skirts' but what does Alexander McQueen or makeup matter when something like this is so important. It will be a HUGE challange for me personally both mentally and physically but I will do this!! Thank you once again for your support :Love:
Hiya Samantha,
No problemo, what are freinds for!!!!!!

Being a parent you realise how important children are and they need our help and support as much as possible!!!!!, dont forget your solar oil tho!!!

Amanda:hug: :Love:

I will glady donate and good luck to both of you. It's a wonderful thing you're doing. :hug:

Count me in too... best of luck to you and Simon.

Glorsclaws said:
Count me in too Samantha ... be worth it just to see you without your heels and slap... lmao!!! :wink2:
No really... I know where you are coming from and I admire you tremendously for it. Good luck.
:hug:

LOL trust you Gloria but I am with you on this one xxx
The online donation is very fast and it doesn't hurt at all xxxx

Simon and Samantha,
I admire your conviction to make this world a better place for those children and what's ""Legs to us, is Wheels to them"", so lets go and get them all some wheels xxxx
Come one Geeks lets get wheeling xxx

its soooooooo easy geeks, go for it !!!

Oh take lots of piccies and I hope you raise well over your target. Your a lovely person and deserve our support :hug: :Love:
Come on Geeks lets get the target up for Samantha :wink2:

good luck mrs geek , i will be donating , and if you are looking for somewhere with more terrain why not go up the chevin , i walked up it once and it was like climbing bloody everest (i am really unfit ) hth love dee

dee said:
good luck mrs geek , i will be donating , and if you are looking for somewhere with more terrain why not go up the chevin , i walked up it once and it was like climbing bloody everest (i am really unfit ) hth love dee

You guys are awesome - thank you for every bit of help so far! Dee what a thought - the Chevin :Scared: - omg - if that scares me....well!! Dad and I (and a bunch of others), will be walking about 15-20 miles per day for 5 days! It doesn't sound a lot but it is :eek: !! We will be camping :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - weeing and pooping god knows where :eek: and eating god knows what (well it is China after all and I know they eat most things)!! Believe or not, the thought of NOT worring about trivial things such as clothes, makeup etc sounds completly wonderful to me! I will be taking plenty of photos and keeping a diary to keep you all amused! I have never met any of the children yet but I understand that there is an event after the walk where we get to meet the children we all helped! I look at my own 2 children and count my blessings that they are phsically perfect. I can't imagine the heart ache that parents must go through when their children suffer from physical disabilities - also the joy... just because they have disabilites doesn't mean they don't have personalities!!! Anyway, this is just the right thing to do and once again, from the bottom of my heart - those of you who have donated and your comments - well, it's just wonderful - thank you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

good luck - a great thing you are doing. My little neice was had 6 brain operations already and she is only 5 months old...breaks my heart. Just so thankful my children are perfect in every way. I have made a donation, so come other geeks...

Its very heartening that you will be meeting the children afterwards, you will count your blessing again as we all should ..... I am always touched by anyone who makes a difference in the lives of children who had no choice at birth & raise money for such
causes too.
Good luck with the walk, a great cause & fantastic for the figure too!
Best wishes
Karen S.

Fundraising target: £5,000.00
Total raised so far: £404.10

This is total up to now.
Come on lets get it much higher, You can give any amount you wish and will be helping lots of special children.

JCS said:
Count me in too... best of luck to you and Simon.

Doh! I give a donation but I am Anon for some reason, I also give a best wishes message... sigh! nm... at least (I hope if it was successful!) the donation will go to a great cause.

its really easy to do....its now up to £513.85
your doing a wonderful thing samantha,
dont forget the zinc oxide tape.... :hug:.......

just bumping this back up

Had my best week ever in the salon so could donate a little extra ................................. just remember guys that if you donate to tick the box to say you are a UK tax payer (if you do!) then the treasury donates money too - don't you just love getting Gordon Brown (our Chancellor of the Exchequor, for all you non UK Geeks) to give money back lol!!!

Is it me or do you think ..............yeah good on 'em pr??????? or do u think................bloomin'o'r' a they are nympho's.................... plubicity stunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it publicity or is it lurve?????????????????????????

Latest posts

Back