Hair is not silver enough

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celene

Reaction score
hi had a client in last week who wanted her hair silver,bleached it up to a light golden blonde then put on 9.1 igora royal came up lovely,but client wants it more silver,should i bleach up agin till pur white then apply toner again?

Yeah you can if your client doesn't want hair left, try toning with ice toner in blond me but don't bleach again

hi i also use igora, i would not bleach again, mt fav toner for nice ashy blonde is 10-2 3% or do u stock the mousse toners as 91/2-1 is gorg (not seen it around for ages tho)

no i only have loreal milkshake 901 or 902,hair in good conditon because is short roots quite silver,but some ends bit gold,because she had lowlights before which were faded?so?

I don't think you'll ever achieve true silver if you only lifted to light golden blonde. The yellow pigment will always warm the result.

Personally, I'd bleach again using bleach and either colour releaser or 3%. Watch it very carefully. Remove it once you get to a creamy colour. It absolutely must be creamy coloured if you want the silver to show through.

Wella Color Touch 8/81 Silver Azure applied over the top will give a true silver result that the client will be happy with.

She will need to keep topping it up herself on every second shampoo, and for this, you really can't beat Roux Fancifull coloured setting lotion. Number 42 (Silver Lining) is out of this world! Roux Fancifull Rinse Color Chart

She simply applies it to her towel dried hair and then blowdries as usual.

It looks very very very silver! We had a client addicted to this stuff back in 2009. Sometimes the old ways are the best, especially when the client has her heart set on something where the finished look overrides the cost implications.

For her regular at home shampoo, she'll need to switch to something like Biolage Fortetherapie, Redken Extreme or Aveda Damage Remedy to prevent breakage. None of these are cheap, so make sure she commits to doing this before you get her the true silver result she so admires.

Best of luck!

:D

no i only have loreal milkshake 901 or 902,hair in good conditon because is short roots quite silver,but some ends bit gold,because she had lowlights before which were faded?so?

i dont use loreal so soz cant comment on those toners. It is normal for it to take a few appointments to get the low lites out, if she is not willing to wait i would try and get some 10-2 i swear by it. maybe someone else can help with loreal x

thankyou all will tell yous how it goes tom,but i do feel myself i have to bleach it up again,and the hair is in ok condition,she has got some silver shampoos at home but will def try that settin lotion!x

i dont use loreal so soz cant comment on those toners. It is normal for it to take a few appointments to get the low lites out, if she is not willing to wait i would try and get some 10-2 i swear by it. maybe someone else can help with loreal x
ok thankyou will try and get that one in to try!

I don't think you'll ever achieve true silver if you only lifted to light golden blonde. The yellow pigment will always warm the result.

Personally, I'd bleach again using bleach and either colour releaser or 3%. Watch it very carefully. Remove it once you get to a creamy colour. It absolutely must be creamy coloured if you want the silver to show through.

Wella Color Touch 8/81 Silver Azure applied over the top will give a true silver result that the client will be happy with.

She will need to keep topping it up herself on every second shampoo, and for this, you really can't beat Roux Fancifull coloured setting lotion. Number 42 (Silver Lining) is out of this world! Roux Fancifull Rinse Color Chart

It looks very very very silver! We had a client addicted to this stuff back in 2009. Sometimes the old ways are the best, especially when the client has her heart set on something where the finished look overrides the cost implications.

For her regular at home shampoo, she'll need to switch to something like Biolage Fortetherapie, Redken Extreme or Aveda Damage Remedy to prevent breakage. None of these are cheap, so make sure she commits to doing this before you get her the true silver result she so admires.

Best of luck!

thank you for the tips!Will check out the settin ltion!You are so right tho the old ways are better!!!

mm29 - L'Oreal Milkshake 902 = Igora Vibrance. 9.1.

Milkshake 901 would = Vibrance 9.2 (if they made one) ;)

oh thanks, :lol:

Best of luck!

Completly agree, you need to lift hair to pale yellow :)

Latest posts

Back