Hair | Is This The End Of The Saturday Girl?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
I'll be honest. I've had this article in my notes for a few days and I've been itching to get it up on the site, but for various (and boring) reasons other articles have had to take precedence. But now the time has come. Let me introduce you to (drum roll please) the Hairbot.

Ok, so Panasonic needs to come up with a catchier name but you've got to admit, it makes for a great story. This new, fancy-pants robot has 24 "fingerlike tips" that wash, condition, massage and even dry your hair. I'll admit, the picture looks more brainwashing than hair washing but the idea does come from a good place.

In the first instance, it wasn't created to be used in hairdressers - although there's no doubt that is a commercial possibility that will be investigated. It was initially intended to be used in facilities where disabled or elderly people need help with basic day-to-day washing tasks, such as hair washing. Not only is it practical, it also claims to offer a far superior hair-washing experience, especially when it comes to the massage bit saying that "it's extremely relaxing and offers a degree of comfort that users cannot experience with human hands."

I can't help but worry about the scalping possibilities for those of us with longer tresses but Panasonic does claim that it works just as well and just as safely.

Stranger things have happened, but I'm not sure I'm willing to put my head in the hands of an electrical robot just yet!

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• hairbot.jpg
    hairbot.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 410
See knowing my luck it will scalp me and poke me in the eye with it's 'fingers'!

Well, if its anything like those massage chair seat things you get I wont be a fan of this either, unless im on a solo mission to Mars or some thing :D

That is my idea of hell!!

Well, if its anything like those massage chair seat things you get I wont be a fan of this either, unless im on a solo mission to Mars or some thing :D
Same, I hate those things!

No thank you!

It looks a bit like shoving your head in a mini car wash!!

Although it claims to offer a much more superior service I personally don't think a robot can replicate human touch and feel to offer a better massage. It's something that's quite personal and needs to be tailored to each individual client.

I don't think I'd enjoy it anyway, but each to their own!

:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back