Hair mystery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
hi i have a client who ihave coloured her hair twice now, she used to go to the salon i worked at before it closed down and she always had 3 and a mix of red to give her a slight hint of colour, it was very slight / hardly there at all

first time i did her hair at home i used wella 33/0 ( alot of grey in areas) and 0/45 equal parts - good coverage but no hint of red

next time i did it i used wella 44/44 with 4/0 base on root only - result was no red at all and i have done this colour on another client so i know it usually comes out lush

im baffled, before i ring wella for advise i was just wondering if any of you more experienced colour experts could throw some light on this little mystery for me

thanking you in advance xx

First colour I would have done a fashion red on a level 3, with equal parts 3/0 and some red mix. Red mixes are designed to boost an existing red colour, and would be very subtle with you 33/0.

The next colour (4) wouldn't show, as it can't lift the 33/0.

To get the red now, you may need a gentle bleach bath, to remove the dark tones, and start again.

Thank u for ur help
So next time 3/0 and 0/45 equal parts
Will that give me good grey coverage? And will it avoid root glow??
Thanks in advance xxx

Latest posts

Back