Hair not holding tone - porosity equaliser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruberio

Reaction score
hi guys, i'm looking for a bit of advice about my own hair, its currently lightened to a base 10 with Blondor and pastel (natural base 7) and it has a gold tone to it, my hair is fine textured, short with a long fringe, its not frazzled but the ends are porous. i'd like to tone it down to a base 9 copper/pink tone, today at college i had colour touch 9/03 with a few centimeters of /45 applied, the colour is exactly what i wanted but the tone hasn't held well on the porous parts during rinsing, it doesn't look too bad ( it may just be me but the faded parts have a slight khaki tinge?) but i would like to have the same colour all over :D. would applying a porosity equaliser to the hair then reapplying the colour touch to the faded parts help the colour grab? if so, does anyone have any recommendations for a porosity equaliser, i only know of Wella velvet amplifier?
or would i be better off just refreshing the fade with a Perfecton rinse ( some /43 and /44) for the time being?
oohh its like i've written a novella :D xxx

Can you get hold of joico k pak my lovely? PM me too ;)

Pureology have one in their perfect platinum range.

i think alan howerd maybe deliver to Scotland now ( we're so behind the times the sheep are wearing last seasons clothes), i think they stock joico!xxx

Use the same shades in koleston but apply to the porous ends as an anti fade colour bath (recipe on the shade chart). This will penetrate into the hair nice an deep an will stop it fading and will give it a really even result after rinsing.

Use the same shades in koleston but apply to the porous ends as an anti fade colour bath (recipe on the shade chart). This will penetrate into the hair nice an deep an will stop it fading and will give it a really even result after rinsing.
thank you! i don't have a shade chart at home with me but is that where you apply 15ml tint with 45ml warm water, develop and then a stablising rinse of 40ml warm water and 10ml of 9%? i have the recipe written in my notebook! this will sound daft but i think i remember something about using equal amounts koleston and warm water if using copper or red shades? lol i'm not sure if i maybe dreamt that or not!xxx

thank you! i don't have a shade chart at home with me but is that where you apply 15ml tint with 45ml warm water, develop and then a stablising rinse of 40ml warm water and 10ml of 9%? i have the recipe written in my notebook! this will sound daft but i think i remember something about using equal amounts koleston and warm water if using copper or red shades? lol i'm not sure if i maybe dreamt that or not!xxx

Correct. An also correct about equal amounts for reds :)

Correct. An also correct about equal amounts for reds :)
i was really doubting myself there!:o. i'm back in tomorrow so i'll impress my lecturer by suggesting this, a few of the students need colour correction assessments so they'll love me...or i'll just get called a smart arse lol. thanks to everyone for their help xxx

i was really doubting myself there!:o. i'm back in tomorrow so i'll impress my lecturer by suggesting this, a few of the students need colour correction assessments so they'll love me...or i'll just get called a smart arse lol. thanks to everyone for their help xxx

Nothin wrong with being a smart arse :). At least someone can get an essesent out of u :)

and i can get my lovely rose gold hair :D, then i might make the jump to a nice bright vibrant copper soon, warm my old face up a bit without having mammy hair xxx

Latest posts

Back