Hair padding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammiejoe

Reaction score
Im looking for some hair sponges and padding that isn't too expensive, because I charge £15 per updo n £20 per hour for bridal, I dont want to be charging too much on top for padding..
any suggestions on alternatives?

Make them yourself. Buy various colours of jumbo hair and a hair net, custom make them then to whatever shape size you need. A big bag of jumbo hair is only about 3-4 pounds. X

Make them yourself. Buy various colours of jumbo hair and a hair net, custom make them then to whatever shape size you need. A big bag of jumbo hair is only about 3-4 pounds. X

What is jumbo hair please :-D
Is it the synthetic hair you braid with .

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Like the netting on the bun rings? Would that not work buy bun rings, cut one side of it then you can unravel it and use it how you want!

Yeh don't you need do curl them really really tight though before hand?

oh no ive just had a look, does the bags of kanekalon come in a crimped texture?

synthetic hair and backcomb it and put in a hairnet and cover with the clients hair.use net to match their hair as near as poss think patrick cameron shows u how to make hair padding on his website or you tube from what i can remember theyre real easy to make and u can shape then to how u want themxxx

Best place to go is to a afro caribbian hair shop. You can get synthetic hair called expressions. Its fairly cheap to buy and all you need to do is back comb it and squich it to a shape and place on to hair and pin it in so its secure. Then you can comb clients hair over.you can also back comb the hair and place i to a hAir net and then pin that into hair and then comb clients hair over. Expressions come in all different colours from very black to blond.

Hope this makes sense and helps

Yes jumbo hair is synthetic hair that you braid with. Comes in various colours, is really easy to work with, put amount you need inside a hair net and tie hair net up . I used to buy Patrick Cameron hair pads at like £9 each and find making them with jumbo hair is easier to work with as their not as stiff x

i made some up with synthetic backcombed hair stuffed into tights(new ones lol), just cut to the length you need...i know,what total tightwad!xxx

lol i dont suppose it matters, you cant see the padding :)

Hi where do u buy the jumbo hair..

Latest posts

Back