Hair Planet hell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pwincess

Reaction score
Hi, im having a nightmare with my hair extensions from hair planet
ive got 200 pre bonded nail hair in colour 99j
this is the second set ive had were they've gone awful
big,matted,knotty,dry are the words to describe them!
I have to wear them in a plait as its the only way
I hoped that this set would be ok and the last ones
were just a bad batch or something but before i had even
washed these they started to knot! I've used the correct
products not containing sodium and sulphates and after
one wash theyve gone terrible :(

has this happend to anyone else? or does anyone know
what i can do?

Thanks xXx

contact them! ive always found them quite helpful with any issues

I have their hair in myself its gone a little dry but to be honest ive not been using correct aftercare and havent really looked after it! i did sleep with it plaited last night with conditioner on then washed it this morning has helped and revitalised them a little.

I did email but because i havent brought there own products theres nothing
they can do, i did send a strand off to them for analysis but they never got back to me about it, i had alot of hair extensions over the years and ive never seen any go like this! I really do look after it too......

What a shame it's so disheartening when this happens as we pay a lot of our hard earned money on the hair alone.
I found this happened with additional lengths hair and I just stopped using it.
What brand shampoo did you use in them? I know hair planet and the others seem to use options they just have it branded and I've never had a problem while using these products in any of the budget hair. X

I know it cost me more this time as I had to get 20 inch as
They didn't have 16inch in my colour!
I've used the new loreal shampoo and conditioner sulphate
Free, it doesn't contain any bad chemicals that dry your hair out
And used morrocon oil.

hiya i am another who has huge problems with hair planet :(( i had a post on the other day but the moderator removed it :(

I have always used this hair for well over a year and a half and had kind of no problems but lately i have had 9 regular clients complain about their hair :(( they have sent me pictures which are just awful ! i had also 3 girls come to me with undescribable extensions !! they had completly fused together, couldnt even pull them apart with my fingers had to cut them out :(( there was no way to describe the way the hair acted, now i have lost 4 of my clients because of their hair, the others i had to take all their hair out and refit with other hair and andrea from hair planet wouldnt even give me a refund ! i asked over about 5 emails if someone could ring me but kept saying that they are now only an online company am really still furious as i fit 3 - 4 hairs a day and spent way over £500 with the company a week and not even a sorry or a refund :( gutted as these were the only company that actually done thick hair from root to tip and now cant really find another budget supplier that has this thickness but defo wont even try them again as its not worth the risk - andrea said that i was the only person complaining and i no for a fact i wouldnt of been as i wouldnt of ever had 9 clients complain with the hair as they were regulars and no exactly how to look after and care for their hair and my aftercare range comes from options the same as the stuff they sell so no excuse :( clearly cut corners and selling very dodgy hair at the minute, let me know what they say hun as i didnt get anywere xx

Oh no :( I'm so glad I have read this thread. A friend of mine (who is also a hairdresser) was telling me about hair planet, she's stopping doing extensions because she prefers cutting and colouring. So she had 250strands hanging about from a client who had canceled and gave them to me, I fitted them in a regular of mine and she said she has been fine with it there was just abit of shredding to begin with, at her maintainance appointment it looked fab still. But this was a month ago, and my friend had brought the hair 3months before that

So since this i was considering changing to hair planet for good, but seen as you lot are talking about their recent hair I think I'll stay away! My friend must have gave me a good batch before thy went down hill x

I fitted 2 blonde sets. One myself and one on a client. Both #60 and it's about a month in...... No problems myself yet nor my client. But it's disappointing to hear.
I've changed supplier before because of this don't want to be in that position again ..........

it was about a month ago when i had all the problems with them i told them they obviously had a bad batch of hair as it seemed to be all the dark colours like 1, 1b, 2 etc !! they told me that they had had no other complaints which i found ridicilous considering it was one after the other clients who had the dark colours fitted and one by one a few weeks later i got sent pics and txts saying the hair was awful :(( gutted wernt even the word for it and no thanks or nothing or even a bloody phonecall from the company i spend a lot of money with every week ! disgraceful :(((

Is it bad that they wont do anything I do like them however I have noticed the quality has gone down hill recently I have colours 4 and 5 in u can tell its silicone coated :( trying to fine a gd budget hair supplier, im trialing hairport by valentine only thing so far is its very tappered so have to get longer than needed for clients will see how it goes I love love love celeb elite and wish I could just use them trying to convince client to use it and spend a bitmore as its so worth it

I do like HairPlanet, I've not had any problem with clients but I've had 2 problems myself. Once when colour 2 was more like a 6 (apparently it was a lighter batch) and another when I received 1b micro loops and they were very clearly coated in silicone. But other than that, they've been perfect. I'm not sure what's going on? But consistency is paramount with suppliers! She shouldn't be changing anything when things are going good!!!
I guess we can't really do anything though other than email her and ask. Maybe if enough people contact her, she will realise? I just hope I don't have any more problems! I've already stopped using lush us as a supplier, I don't want to lose another!! X

i had the same issues with shade 2, it seemed so so dry and was clearly coated with something, will not be using again x

This was my colours, this is 1b and 2 together x
d5cde8d1-f386-38cb.jpg

how silly surely if it was a "lighter batch" it should have been labelled a 6 though? sounds a bit like not wanting to admit their mistake! x

Factors which occur to cause these kinds of things are always either
aftercare or treatment of the hair, we use the same supplier we have used
for approx 8 years now and do this to ensure minimum batch variance and
quality control.

You are more than welcome to send the hair back for analysis however as
stated in our terms if our products have not been used and incompatible
products have the extensions are not eligible for a refund/replacement.

That's the reply I got after a long email ! I had already sent a strand back
From the last set and never herd anything back,
I read online that a lot of places are using horse hair..
I can't risk using them again, which is a shame as the hair WAS nice and
The prices are good. But I can't put up with this!!

Another person no longer using Hair Planet, hair being sent out lately has been different from the colour ordered (but the same as another colour!). Advised supplier of the issue but unsatisfactory response.

Understandably hair may not match 100% every time but the fact it's been way off is just not acceptable.

i know its disgusting :(( am gutted that i wont get any money back off 7 full heads !! and still no sorry or nothing ! i am sick to death of sending them long emails and getting a clearly copy and pasted email back when they seem to have problems !! am glad am not the only one in the same boat like Andrea from Hair Planet made out, i hope they are reading this !! probably not though, you can feel the hair has something on it when it comes out the packets and yes its probably mixed with horse hair ! theirs always some packs that have thread and grey bits in it :(( not acceptable when advertising 100% indian remy hair !! gggrrrrrr so frustrated xx

Its very frustrating when its made out like it something you've done!
I no full well it isn't!
Its so hard dealing with clients as they think its your fault when
It really isn't! It gives you a bad name which is never good!
I'm annoyed that I used them again I should have known there using cheaper
Hair and it wasn't just a bad batch before! Grr I'm sitting here now trying to get all the knots out for the millionth time today!!
I would expect this from cheap hair off ebay!!
X

I've ordered from them again today, I'll let you all know how the hair is when I receive it.

I've had my hair in for 4 weeks now and it's still so soft! I'm having no problems at all with them.

Contemplating emailing her and asking what's going on with the hair as so many people are complaining? She must have changed something! X

I've ordered from them again today, I'll let you all know how the hair is when I receive it.

I've had my hair in for 4 weeks now and it's still so soft! I'm having no problems at all with them.

Contemplating emailing her and asking what's going on with the hair as so many people are complaining? She must have changed something! X

I must agree with you - I've got a few clients on their 3rd and 4th month now and they are a little dry as you would expect at the price but definately nothing like whats being described here, though they are all blondes. so strange eh.
Its putting me off ordering, and I need to order 3 weaves tomorrow, two on #60 and one in #1b.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back