hair straightening as seen on tv news.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zandra's mobile

Reaction score
did anyone see on the news regarding a new treatment for hair straightening done in the salon, which just allows you to wash your hair and leave it to dry naturally and when dry looks like it just be straightened with the irons, i missed it and would be interested in more information. i have been told this service is quite expensive but the models who tested it were apparently pleased with the result and said it was worth the money. does anyone know what the product is called and when it will be availabe etc.

i didnt see this either but i would be interested to know more about it.x

Hi Ya

I'm not a hair geek but I think this process is commonly called Japenese Hair Straightening, or thermal conditioning. It relaxes and straightens your hair semi permanently, or until there is enought root growth to re do the treatment.

I'm sure there's loads of hair geek out there who can help you out with this more, or have a good old search on the web.:)

Last edited:
jus sounds like chemical str8ning to me lol. .

Last edited:
what a shame its only at 1 london salon as im sure there would be lots of people that would want this done.
thanks for the link.xxx

I had the Yuko treatment done in New York and I have to say it was fantastic!!
My hair is really curly and take forever to blowdry and still not smooth and for almost a year I could just wash and leave to dry and it was sooo soft.
It only cost me $160 which was fab but I know to get it done it UK costs hundreds of pounds.

what a shame its only at 1 london salon as im sure there would be lots of people that would want this done.
thanks for the link.xxx

Its not at only one salon in London. I can think of at least 10 from the top of my head.!! I personally know a lot of hairdressers based in London who not only can do it, but have the experience to do a fantastic job..!!

The stylists that I know have been using this product for over 10 years now, it orginated from the far east but only arrived in england properly in the last few years. Almost every salon offer this system in the far east. It is as common as your normal cut and blow dry.

I have had my hair straighten using this system for 6 years continously. When this product is used correctly, the results are unbelieveable. The hair comes out softer, silkier and dead poker straight. No more blow drying after washing hair, No frizz, no kink, no more GHD...!! It is most definetly not like any other straightening system.

This product does not damage the hair. It is the hairdressers who has no experience in this product who damages the hair. So, like nails and everything else, finding the correct person to do it determines how good the results are.

It has been discussed on here before.

http://www.salongeek.com/search.php?searchid=3156848
http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/57989-japanese-straightening.html

If anyone is interested and believe what I say about this amazing product then please PM me and I can direct you to some brilliant experinced stylist.

This fantastic product really does do the job and does exist.

Last edited:
Its not at only one salon in London. I can think of at least 10 from the top of my head.!! I personally know a lot of hairdressers based in London who not only can do it, but have the experience to do a fantastic job..!!

The stylists that I know have been using this product for over 10 years now, it orginated from the far east but only arrived in england properly in the last few years. Almost every salon offer this system in the far east. It is as common as your normal cut and blow dry.

I have had my hair straighten using this system for 6 years continously. When this product is used correctly, the results are unbelieveable. The hair comes out softer, silkier and dead poker straight. No more blow drying after washing hair, No frizz, no kink, no more GHD...!! It is most definetly not like any other straightening system.

This product does not damage the hair. It is the hairdressers who has no experience in this product who damages the hair. So, like nails and everything else, finding the correct person to do it determines how good the results are.

It has been discussed on here before.

http://www.salongeek.com/search.php?searchid=3156848
http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/57989-japanese-straightening.html

If anyone is interested and believe what I say about this amazing product then please PM me and I can direct you to some brilliant experinced stylist.

This fantastic product really does do the job and does exist.
hi anna,thanks for the info but i was talking about tangara hair repair.im sorry its my fault as i didnt specify which treatment.thanks again though.xx

Why do all the fab things always only ever happen in London :irked:

You know, the UK is a big place :lol:

Roughly how much does this treatment cost in the UK ??

Marlise

hi anna,thanks for the info but i was talking about tangara hair repair.im sorry its my fault as i didnt specify which treatment.thanks again though.xx

Sorry. I didnt realise you meant tangara hair repair.

Why do all the fab things always only ever happen in London :irked:

You know, the UK is a big place :lol:

Roughly how much does this treatment cost in the UK ??

Marlise

Marlise, Do you mean the yuko hair straightening..?

If so, then there are salons across the UK which does it. Its just that I can only recommend London based stylists who I know, have tried and do a good job with this product.

If anyone wishes to try this system out, then my advice would be to look out for Oriental salons as many of them do offer this up and down the country. They are the people who have been using this product for over 10 years and has more experience with it.

Depending on the length of your hair and which area the salon is based, prices can range from £150 - £300. A bit pricey but my hair only needs to be done only once a year, so its not too bad. Actually, Its well worth the money I think..!!

Hi , Flower , can you tell us what main chemical is in the straightening product of the Yuko system ? :hug: minky

Latest posts

Back