Hair straightening in Thailand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swedish Beauty

Reaction score
Hi!
I´m looking for some advise regarding hair straightening products.
I went to Thailand and dared ( I know, could have been the end of my ends)
to do a hair straghtening procedure. It came out GREAT!
My hair is now silky, smooth and dead straight!
This is a procedure not beeing offered here in Finland at all. My hair dresser ( and good friend) has done some research and no company offers products for it here. Since I knew that i got some at- home treatments when I was there.
My question is, on the package, it says to put the straightening cream in, comb through, rinse and then the neutralizer, rinse and VOILA!
But... at the hairdresser in Thailand, she flattened my hair VERY thouroghly between the two products with an straightening iron.
Should this be done with the at home products as well for better results?
I will ofcuorse have my hairdresser do this for me!
Sorry for this beeing so long and thanks!

Hmmm... I'd be reluctant to advise without knowing what the product is...? Rule No.1, though, is always read the manufacturers instructions - what do they tell you to do!?

I have two different ones, Schwartzkopf Glatt and D´Cash Relaxer. None of them says to straight with heat.
Thanks

Hmmm... I use heat on perms, even if they don't say to, but I know how much heat, and for how long, just from experience. If this is the first time you've done this, personally, I wouldn't use heat, unless you are prepared to do a test cutting first - choose the weakest area to test.

Actually thinking about this, won't you only be straightening the roots if you've just had it done?

Hiya , It sounds just like the Wella Strate

I use it to straighten Afro Caribbean hair , and this is one of the most fragile types of hair ,
I also use it on curly / wavy hair too with fab results,

I find it only needs the roots doing when they have grown out around 6 inches as I find its better for the hair and its condition to leave this amount of growth till I re do the root area again ,

With Wella Strate it can also be flat ironed as part of the process
which I find works better on very curly hair, or if you want it poker straight

Wella Strate is for natural and coloured hair,
but if you have had a lot of colour on it I would not advise to have it done,

always ask your hairdresser for a test piece first so you know what the exact result will be like ect

The results I have had with this product have been fantastic the hair was really straight and shiny ,:hug:

Thank you guys so much! Will give this info to my hairdresser and let her decide what to do!

Were you able to get this done in Finland? I may have to move to Finland and currently exploring where I can have my hair straightened. I am VERY vain about my hair and would really like to find a salon in Helsinki where I can get this procedure done!

Thank you guys so much! Will give this info to my hairdresser and let her decide what to do!

Latest posts

Back